snapdo malware virus
Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:14 AM
I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.
Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.
Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!
- Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
- Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.
- Please read every post completely before doing anything.
- Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
- Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
- A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.
I need to get some reports to get a base to start from so I need you to run these programs first.
- Please download DDS from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop
- Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
- Shortly after two logs will appear:
- A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
- Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
- Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply
Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:33 PM
These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete.
- Confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.
- You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:06 PM
I'm not being re-directed to the snapdo search page any more
Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:49 PM
I Would like you to do the following.
Please print out or make a copy in notepad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.
You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)
Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<
Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.
You can download Combofix from one of these links. I want you to save it to the desktop and run it from there.
2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
Note 2: If you receive an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer
"information and logs"
- In your next post I need the following
- Log from Combofix
- let me know of any problems you may have had
- How is the computer doing now?
Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:57 AM
48 Hour bump
It has been more than 48 hours since my last post.
- do you still need help with this?
- do you need more time?
- are you having problems following my instructions?
- if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!
Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:27 AM
Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users