If you've not already done so please start here
and post back the 2 log files DDS.txt
and Attach.txtP2P/Piracy Warning:
If you're using Peer 2 Peer software such as uTorrent, BitTorrent or similar you must either fully uninstall them or completely disable them from running while being assisted here.
Failure to remove or disable such software will result in your topic being closed and no further assistance being provided.
If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now and read the policy on Piracy.
Before we proceed further, please read all of the following instructions carefully.
If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
If needed please print out these instructions.
- Please do not post logs using CODE, QUOTE, or FONT tags. Just paste them as direct text.
- If the log is too large then you can use attachments by clicking on the More Reply Options button.
- Please enable your system to show hidden files: How to see hidden files in Windows
- Make sure you're subscribed to this topic:
- Click on the Follow This Topic Button (at the top right of this page), make sure that the Receive notification box is checked and that it is set to Instantly
- Removing malware can be unpredictable...It is unlikely but things can go very wrong! Please make sure you Backup all files that cannot be replaced if something were to happen. You can copy them to a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive
- Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs unless requested by me while I'm working with you.
- The removal of malware is not instantaneous, please be patient. Often we are also on a different Time Zone.
- Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
- If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of the issue.
- You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
- Please disable your antivirus while running any requested scanners so that they do not interfere with the scanners.
- When we are done, I'll give you instructions on how to cleanup all the tools and logs
- Please stick with me until I give you the "all clear" and Please don't waste my time by leaving before that.
- Your topic will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days
- (If I have not responded within 24 hours, please send me a Private Message as a reminder)
is a program that was developed at BleepingComputer.com that attempts to terminate known malware processes
so that your normal security software can then run and clean your computer of infections.
When RKill runs it will kill malware processes and then removes incorrect executable associations and fixes policies
that stop us from using certain tools. When finished it will display a log file that shows the processes that were
terminated while the program was running.
As RKill only terminates a program's running process, and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot
your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again.
Instead, after running RKill you should immediately scan your computer using the requested scans I've included.
Please download Rkill
by Grinler from one of the links below and save it to your desktop.
STEP 01Backup the Registry:Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.
- On Windows XP double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- On Windows Vista/Windows 7 or 8, right-click on the Rkill desktop icon and select Run As Administrator
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
- Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.
- Please download ERUNT from one of the following links: Link1 | Link2 | Link3
- ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
- Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
- NOTE: Do not choose to allow ERUNT to add an Entry to the Startup folder. Click NO.
- Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
- Choose a location for the backup.
- Note: the default location is C:\Windows\ERDNT which is acceptable.
- Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.
- Click on OK
- Then click on YES to create the folder.
- Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe
Please download RogueKiller
and save it to your desktop.
You can check here
if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
- RogueKiller 32-bit | RogueKiller 64-bit
- Quit all running programs.
- For Windows XP, double-click to start.
- For Vista,Windows 7/8, Right-click on the program and select Run as Administrator to start and when prompted allow it to run.
- Read and accept the EULA (End User Licene Agreement)
- Click Scan to scan the system.
- When the scan completes Close the program > Don't Fix anything!
- Don't run any other options, they're not all bad!!
- Post back the report which should be located on your desktop.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit
- Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.
- Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
- Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
- Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
- Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
- When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder... mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt
Please download Junkware Removal Tool
to your desktop.
- Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
- Right click over JRT.exe and select Run as administrator on Windows Vista or Windows 7, double-click on XP.
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next reply message
- When completed make sure to re-enable your antivirus
Please download AdwCleaner
by Xplode to your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- If prompted by the User Account Control click Yes to allow it to run.
- Under Actions click on the Delete button.
- Click OK on all prompts.
- You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
- Please post the entire contents of that logfile to your next reply.
- You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt where the number in brackets indicates how often it was run.
Please go here
to run the online antivirus scannner from ESET.
- Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
- Click Start
- When asked, allow the activex control to install
- Click Start
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked
- Click on Advanced Settings and ensure these options are ticked:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Click Scan
- Wait for the scan to finish
- If any threats were found, click the 'List of found threats' , then click Export to text file....
- Save it to your desktop, then please copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
- Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press the Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
- The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.