• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aerothus

Aerothus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Here's my problem....I have windows 7 on a dell 64 bit computer.

I found out before this police lockdown broswer thing started to block me from doing anything in normal and all safe modes that I have a rootkit.0access virus.

I've tried everything from restarting and using f8 and even system restore results in errors saying it cannot be done.

I have malware bytes installed on that PC but I can't get rid of it. I can't access anything but a command prompt and rstrui.exe won't even work.

I need help! If you need more information I will reply as soon as I can.

Thanks to all who can help.

#2 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Additional info on 0access rootkit infections.....

If your computer is infected with Rootkit.ZeroAccess, a BackDoor Trojan.

BACKDOOR WARNING

------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advise you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

We can attempt to clean this machine but we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards nor that we can repair whatever damage may have already been done.

If you decide to clean it,

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users