Trying to remove NSA 'Ransomware'

To put a long story short, my youngest brother had managed to get ransom ware/malaware that claims it's NSA Prism surveillance locking the computer.

To be specific, the OS is 'Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition'.

I'm trying to manually remove it by going into the thing via the command prompt, going to the application folder, searching recent files, locating the malaware and removing it.

My key issue is how to get to the application data folder when in the command prompt.

That's it off the top of my head, and thanks to anyone who replies. If there's any further questions, I'll answer them best I can.

Hello and :welcome: , Rossriders:

We can't work on this sort of malware issue in this particular section of the forum.

But help is just around the cyber corner.

I would suggest that you please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process.

If you can't run the requested DDS tool right now because you are locked out, just start a new post in the malware removal section anyway.

The experts will have some other tools to use.

Thanks,

daledoc1