I've been infected with something. I think It's called Firetab. It's very intermittent. It's infected my browsers. Sometimes, when I load up a browser, everything is fine. But, then, when I search for a certain search term, (and I don't know which search terms they are; it's just random), the address bar just flickers with different addresses and I see the word "firetab" in the address bar over and over. I've posted a screenshot of what it looks like when I search the word "malwarebytes" in Firefox. Please help me remove.
I've been infected with something. I think It's called Firetab.
Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:22 AM
I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.
Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:15 AM
That link you gave me just linked me to paid subscription help. I'm just looking for free assistance.
Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:17 AM
No, it listed 3 options.
Please choose one of the following 3 options listed below:
- Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
- Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
- Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support
Just choose option 1 please.
As we don't deal with malware removal in this section of the Forum, you need to start a topic in the
Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems or infections you may have.
- Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
- After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Follow this topic and choose Instantly,
so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
NOTE: Please do not post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.
Replying to your own post changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies.
If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.
- If there is no reply after 48 hours, you may reply to the topic, asking again for help, OR you may send a Private Message to a Moderator, asking for help.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users