• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kalimba

kalimba

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

I never noticed it before. Where did it come from?

Thanks !

#2 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources.
InstallShield Update Service Scheduler. Automatically searches for and performs any updates to the software so you’re always working with the most current version

Taken from Bleeping Computer (which is a VERY trusted source in the tech community :) ).
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#3 kalimba

kalimba

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

>Automatically searches for and performs any updates to the software so you’re always working with the most current version

Yes, I had read that, but what software is "the" software? Perhaps I'd like it updated on start-up, but I"m not sure what it is.

Thanks !

#4 MikeW

MikeW

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:02 AM

>Automatically searches for and performs any updates to the software so you’re always working with the most current version

Yes, I had read that, but what software is "the" software? Perhaps I'd like it updated on start-up, but I"m not sure what it is.

Thanks !

Results of a google search

Purpose of this file:
Isuspm.exe is a program which may have been installed by you when you installed other software programs. This is a program which is from a company called Macrovision. The actual disk location is shown below, always verify the location to make sure it is not spware, as the file should be located as shown. The purpose of this program is to check for the latest updates from Macrovision products. This file is considered safe and is not considered spyware, adware, or virus related.

What is the isuspm.exe location, where is it stored on my computer?
This file will be found on your hard drive at C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe
Win7 Home premium 64bit IE11 MSE Mbam Pro

#5 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,017 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:19 AM

ISUSPM should be in the Control Panel. If you launch it in there you should be able to determine what products it's currently looking for updates for.

It is part of the InstallShield installer program that can be used by any vendor, so trying to say who or what program installed it is not possible without more investigation, but running the program manually should show you what programs it wants to try and update.

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#6 swagger

swagger

Elite Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

Just as an example, on my work computer it updates Roxio and Sonic, but is disabled from starting at boot.

Keith

Desktop ----- Intel i5, 8GB DDR3, ASUS Mainboard, 500GB HD, Windows 7 SP2, Avira Antivir Personal, MBAM Pro
Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Linux Mint

#7 kalimba

kalimba

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

Oh, now I see it's that annoying installshield icon that comes up on my screen every now and then, unsuccessfully trying to connect to something via internet explorer. I have disabled it on startup. Now I'll probably be done with that small annoyance.

fwiw, when I clicked on its icon (called Program Updates) in control panel, it just tries unsuccessfully to find updates - I can't see how to figure out what it's trying to update - not that I care.

Thanks -

#8 swagger

swagger

Elite Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:39 AM

Well if you go to Control Panel >> Software Updates... When the window opens, there should be a settings icon near the top right... Click on that icon and the products it is trying to update should show up. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Desktop ----- Intel i5, 8GB DDR3, ASUS Mainboard, 500GB HD, Windows 7 SP2, Avira Antivir Personal, MBAM Pro
Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Linux Mint

#9 kalimba

kalimba

• Honorary Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

Hi.

In control panel, when I click on Program Updates, I now notice that there is an unnamed clickable rectangle at the top right. When I click it, I get a new window - software manager "the page cannot be displayed." Now, with your encouragement, I see two unmarked boxes at the top that look like they can be clicked. I click on the right one, and voila !

A new page with 4 items, 3 of which are clicked:
TotalAccess Core Applications (for my earthlink software, I guess)
Sonic Update Manager (the only one not clicked)
InstallShield Update Manager (probably what kept bringing up the pop up before I disabled it on startup)

And, the oddest one: {7797C70B-11EB-446A-9B1E-and a final string of numbers and letters}

What could this last one possibly be?
And, should I uncheck them all, even though now I have disabled the feature on startup?

At the bottom of this window, there are 2 spots, one has been selected, but no info - next to the unchecked box is a drop down box that is empty. I wonder why this whole interface is messed up with no info?
Not that it really matters.
But maybe I should remove this whole program - it seems pretty useless.
What do you think?

Thanks !

#10 straight8

straight8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:40 AM

Hi.

In control panel, when I click on Program Updates, I now notice that there is an unnamed clickable rectangle at the top right. When I click it, I get a new window - software manager "the page cannot be displayed." Now, with your encouragement, I see two unmarked boxes at the top that look like they can be clicked. I click on the right one, and voila !

A new page with 4 items, 3 of which are clicked:
TotalAccess Core Applications (for my earthlink software, I guess)
Sonic Update Manager (the only one not clicked)
InstallShield Update Manager (probably what kept bringing up the pop up before I disabled it on startup)

And, the oddest one: {7797C70B-11EB-446A-9B1E-and a final string of numbers and letters}

What could this last one possibly be?
And, should I uncheck them all, even though now I have disabled the feature on startup?

At the bottom of this window, there are 2 spots, one has been selected, but no info - next to the unchecked box is a drop down box that is empty. I wonder why this whole interface is messed up with no info?
Not that it really matters.
But maybe I should remove this whole program - it seems pretty useless.
What do you think?

Thanks !

#11 straight8

straight8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:47 AM

Just became a member and thought I would browse some of topics. I had this issue too. It is annoying and unneeded service. Are you getting the window asking to close iexplore.exe when you try to close down too?

This will solve the problem. If you already looked for the InstallShield in the Install/Uninstall programs, you won't find it. Installshield has been bought at least once or so, and now they are part of some Flex company..

Go this page and look halfway down the page>> http://consumerdocs....f...6&sliceId=1

You will see the Update Manager Uninstaller. It is a simple procedure and it won't actually remove the files that on the PC (in case you want them later for some reason, they are small)) but it removes the program from loading when you turn the PC on (to fix the annoying popup).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users