error code 732 (0,0) when I click on 'start protection'

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lectrocrew

lectrocrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:cars, trucks, computers, chainsaws and music.

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:28 AM

My Malwarebytes license is up for renewal in 4 days but I want to be sure it's going to work with the new Vista 64 bit operating system I just installed today before I renew it. After installing the new 64 bit Vista I re-installed Malwarebytes but when I click on 'Start Protection' I get this error code. What does this error code mean? 732 (0,0)
Thanks

#2 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:33 AM

Greetings lectrocrew :D .

That error simply indicates that you tried to start the protection module on a 64 bit system, which Malwarebytes' protection module isn't currently compatible with, but it should be soon as the developers are working on it. Right now with the paid version on 64 bit versions you still get automatic updates and scheduled scans, just no real-time protection. If you would like to, you can wait until the x64 compatible version is released (as I am :) ) or you can contact the Malwarebytes' HelpDeskt to receive a refund. As I said though, 64 bit is coming, and soon.

If you need anything else just let us know :) .
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#3 lectrocrew

lectrocrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:cars, trucks, computers, chainsaws and music.

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:46 AM

I was afraid of that. I was told I would have problems running some apps with this 64 bit but have managed to get everything up and running without problem till now. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for the 64 bit version of Malwarebytes to come out. Is there any way I can recieve a notification when the 64 bit version is ready?

#4 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

Yeah, most stuff works just fine, but security apps are a bit trickier because of the drivers and services they generally use, primarily because of the differences in the kernel and what you can and can't do with it (it's quite a bit different, and more secure than the one in 32 bit versions of Windows), and also because of the driver signing requirement.

Unfortunately there isn't any type of notification, but I'm sure it will be announced here as well as on the main Malwarebytes' site and may simply be pushed out automatically the way other program updates are right now.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users