• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 timanderson

timanderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

Hey, I hope this fits in PC Help. Anyways I heard that having two anti-virus tools can cause problems, so I was wondering if using both avast! and Ad-Aware is okay? The reason is, they both have sort of a real-time protection, I think. avast! has an On-Access Scanner, and Ad-Aware has an Ad-Watch Live/Realtime Protection. I thought that Ad-Aware was a simple ad-blocker at the time I downloaded it, but it appears to have a Scan tool as well, which makes it look like a lot like an anti-virus tool. But anyways, is it okay to use both at the same time? And if not, which one should I keep. Thanks. :D

#2 timanderson

timanderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:56 PM

BTW I use both the free avast! and the free Ad-Aware.

#3 chronoboi001

chronoboi001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:30 AM

-= It works fine for me.. But still, Ad-Aware has a realtime protection so it could still be causing small conflicts but not as big as when you have two antiviruses because Ad Aware is an antispyware/adware..

#4 samonteroel

samonteroel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

Here is my protection:
Avast and Malwarebytes NO Problem at all!
I like Malwarebytes protect my system with all types malwares and other things and Avast for my antivirus.

:angry:

#5 Mad Dog Vee

Mad Dog Vee

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

I'm fairly confident that Free Ad-Aware doesn't have any realtime protection, unless they've changed it in the last version or two. Ad-watch would be listed in your Free Ad-Aware product but not enabled unless you were using the paid version.
Posted Image

#6 melboy

melboy

True Member

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:07 AM

I'm fairly confident that Free Ad-Aware doesn't have any realtime protection, unless they've changed it in the last version or two.

Ad-Aware Free - Anniversary Edition does now include basic integrated real-time protection. :angry:

#7 victimized

victimized

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:57 AM

Hey, I hope this fits in PC Help. Anyways I heard that having two anti-virus tools can cause problems, so I was wondering if using both avast! and Ad-Aware is okay? The reason is, they both have sort of a real-time protection, I think. avast! has an On-Access Scanner, and Ad-Aware has an Ad-Watch Live/Realtime Protection. I thought that Ad-Aware was a simple ad-blocker at the time I downloaded it, but it appears to have a Scan tool as well, which makes it look like a lot like an anti-virus tool. But anyways, is it okay to use both at the same time? And if not, which one should I keep. Thanks. :angry:

I used to use Ad-Aware, but stopped when I found on some accounts that it deletes what it thinks it is viruses or stuff. I am trying to say that it might mess up some programs, so be careful what you delete. Avast is good too. Getting back to your problem, two antivirus tools on most accounts do not cause problems, real time protection slows you down a bit, so turn one off or only keep it on when you're doing stuff such as researching on google, use yahoo just to be safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users