Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

WHAT IN THE HE** DOES YOUR RAMBLING HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MBAM? NOTHING AT ALL!!! KEEP THIS TRASH OFF THE MBAM SITE!!!

Hi Harold.

That was just a robot spammer post.  Unfortunately we're often a target of that junk. The account was flagged as a spammer and post deleted which also bans the account.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I have two copies of Malwarebytes Pro that I've had for awhile I upgraded to Premium Version 2 retaining my lifetime license.

If I buy Malwarebytes Pro onlIne http://www.amazon.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Pro-2013/dp/B00AY016T0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399747777&sr=8-2&keywords=malwarebytes+anti-malware+pro+lifetime and upgrade to Version 2 will I still have a lifetime license... wasn't sure if it was too late to do this?

If yes then then would this also apply to this download http://www.amazon.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-LIFETIME-License-Immediate/dp/B00H9023OK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399747777&sr=8-1&keywords=malwarebytes+anti-malware+pro+lifetime

Hi, mike:

I have two copies of Malwarebytes Pro that I've had for awhile I upgraded to Premium Version 2 retaining my lifetime license.

If I buy Malwarebytes Pro onlIne http://www.amazon.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Pro-2013/dp/B00AY016T0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399747777&sr=8-2&keywords=malwarebytes+anti-malware+pro+lifetime and upgrade to Version 2 will I still have a lifetime license... wasn't sure if it was too late to do this?

If yes then then would this also apply to this download http://www.amazon.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-LIFETIME-License-Immediate/dp/B00H9023OK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399747777&sr=8-1&keywords=malwarebytes+anti-malware+pro+lifetime

To answer your questions more specifically, YES, and YES.

There are still a few legitimate MBAM consumer, lifetime, 1-PC licenses available from a number of online sources.

Any such lifetime license would be honored for the 2.x upgrade, but it would remain a 1-PC license that can be transferred to a different computer, but not to a different user.

(New 2.x licenses are valid for up to 3 computers at a time, but must be renewed annually.)

Having said that, I would be extra careful about trying to verify the seller, as there have been reports of scammers trying to exploit the licensing model change: http://blog.malwarebytes.org/security-threat/2014/05/fake-malwarebytes-anti-malware-2-0-abound/

So, I would avoid ebay and other sites, as well as any offer that seems "too good to be true".

The Amazon offers you posted appear to be legit and credible, but -- as just a home user and forum volunteer -- I am not authorized or qualified to attest to their validity.

So, yes, if you can find a legit 1.x lifetime license, it should be fine and perfectly valid to be migrated to a similar lifetime license for 2.x.

Cheers,

daledoc1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

There seems to be some conflicting information in regards to support of v1.75

Will you continue supporting my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75?

Yes, we will continue to support Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 free and paid (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro) with regular database updates. You will still be protected from new threats.

What does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 mean for me?

Just a reminder...in less than a year we will no longer support 1.75 and it will cease to update the database. If there are things you'd like to see changed then I would recommend you provide feedback.

AdvancedSetup, Root Admin Malwarebytes Forum, Post #169
  • Root Admin

There seems to be some conflicting information in regards to support of v1.75

What does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 mean for me?

AdvancedSetup, Root Admin Malwarebytes Forum, Post #169

Official statement of support for 1.75

We will continue to support version 1.75 for another year. There is no specified cutoff date at this time.

This means:

• We will continue to support the product as normal and help individual users with issues.
  • Version 1.75 Business will continue to be available/sold on our site, but the 1.75 Consumer version will not as this has been replaced by 2.0
  • We continue to encourage consumer users to upgrade from 1.75 to 2.0
Please note that we will also have a 2.1 update coming out soon as well for consumers.
  • 10 months later...

Hi:

Welcome back. :)

You wrote:

Does anybody have any experience regarding comparison of the current version of MBAM vs. v1.75?

I mean CPU and RAM usage and overall performance, especially for older systems (Windows XP).

This really isn't the best location to answer such a question, as it's an old "news" thread (which does not permit logs or attachments).

I don't personally know of anyone still running 1.75, let alone alongside 2.2.0.1024 on the same system (which would really be the only "fair" comparison).

But there seem to be a very few forum members who are still running XP with MBAM 2.2.0.1024.

The specs for MBAM 2.2.0.1024 are listed at the bottom of the product page: HERE.

And some users with certain, very old processors need to run a hotfix, as mentioned here.

However, each computer is unique.

So, if you have specific questions or issues, it would probably be better to post in the MBAM support section >>HERE<< and to attach to that new post all 3 logs from this pinned topic: Diagnostic Logs.

That way, we could better assist you with customized support.

Thank you,

Understood. :)

But this is a news thread and is nearly 2 years old.

Many folks who may have replied back then are probably not following it any longer or have changed their systems since then.

And this area is not designed for "support", as we cannot use attachments (screen shots, logs, etc.).

It would probably be better to post in the MBAM support section >>HERE<< and to attach to that new post all 3 logs from this pinned topic: Diagnostic Logs.

That way, we could better assist you with customized support for your particular system.

Thanks again,

1.75 would definitely run lighter on a older PC.

You can look at ChicaLogic PC-Shield: http://www.chicalogic.com/products/pc-shield

This is a rebranded MBAM 1.75.

Beside a slightly modified look, it's exactly the same as good old 1.75.  :)

You can even use your MBAM license with it.

Hope this helps!

1.75 would definitely run lighter on a older PC.

You can look at ChicaLogic PC-Shield: http://www.chicalogic.com/products/pc-shield

This is a rebranded MBAM 1.75.

Beside a slightly modified look, it's exactly the same as good old 1.75.   :)

You can even use your MBAM license with it.

Hope this helps!

There are more enhancements and improvements in version 2 than can be listed here.

Since XP has been EOS/EOL for so long, and is so vulnerable to security breaches, it would probably be a good idea to run the most robust version of MBAM, rather than an older, less robust version, if the hardware will support doing so.

Moreover, support for version 1.75 will end eventually.

Rather than sending @Wojtek in search of rebranded, 3rd-party versions of MBAM 1.75 (which will also be EOS/EOL eventually), it would probably be more fruitful if we could try to assist @Wojtek with getting MBAM 2.2.0 up and running on the system in question?

Every computer is unique and we do have some users who are running 2.2.0 under XP just fine.

Without the requested diagnostic logs attached to a separate post in a sub-forum designated for MBAM support, or even a trial installation of MBAM 2.2.0 on the system in question, it's all pretty much just idle speculation. :(

Just saying....