• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shrugged

Shrugged

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

I currently use MBAM 1.75 PRO. Big fan and much appreciate it.

I'm not crazy about the new GUI look but I could learn to live with it. And, I see you're responding to feedback already. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Two major(to me) features of MBAM 2 I can't live with:

1) In 1.75 I can choose to not be notified of a program update availability and to not download and install program update if available.

Please include this in 2.

2) From the manual :

http://www.malwareby...rt/guides/mbam/

•Automatically quarantine detected items: When unchecked, any threats detected will not be quarantined immediately. A notification will instead be presented, and you must choose how to respond. If you do not respond within forty (40) seconds, the threat will still be quarantined, but the possibility (however small) exists that the threat could have become active within that timeframe.

If I choose to not quarantine I want to have to take a positive action to quarantine. In effect the current schema does auto quarantine after forty seconds.

Concrete example : a household member with less experience than I is instructed  to contact me before taking action upon detection. If MBAM erroneously detected a critical OS file there wouldn't be enough time to make a better informed decision.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know these suggestions have been aired before, including by me in the wrong forum location, but :

Please include settings to allow more user control over the above items.

Thank you, and again, I appreciate MBAM's role to date in making my computing safer. :)

#2 daledoc1

daledoc1

Forum Deity

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,940 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hi, Shrugged:

#1: AFAIK, this feature will be restored in a later build of 2.x.  I, too, and several others, have asked for it to be returned. ;)

Advanced users want full control over program update checks and program update downloads.

We'll have to wait for staff for an ETA on that, though....

daledoc1

Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 1.75.0.1300; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.

#3 Shrugged

Shrugged

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Thank you, daledoc1.

The more control for those who want it, the better. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users