MBAM 2.0 BSOD on scans

Unfortunately this occured on Threat Scan and Custom Scan so far, and I cannot continue further because the computer won't boot. Currently restoring image. Attached are the BSOD's of the 2 scans in order.

Using latest version of MBAM, Windows 7, and Truecrypt System Encryption if that helps.

post-59169-0-49138200-1400200207_thumb.j

post-59169-0-56007300-1400200254_thumb.j

Hello and :welcome:

I am sorry you are having issues. You mentioned that you have your drive encrypted with TrueCrypt, Malwarebytes is suppose to be compatible with that as mentioned HERE in the FAQ. It is possible that if you are scanning with Rootkit scanning enabled its causing the issue.  You did not mention what version of Malwarebytes you were using.  Perhaps trying the latest beta may help as it fixes quite a few bugs that are in latest download on the main site version 2.0.1.1004. The latest beta is version 2.0.2.12.

Thank You

1. After running the tool, 2 BSODs in a row on reboot. After clean installing the latest stable, got the second attached BSOD during Threat Scan.

2. Will try after restoring drive image, as this computer won't boot again.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some items that need to be addressed in your logs. Being that we can not work on these types of issues in this section of the forum, you will have to get an expert to assist you.

To get the help needed and clean the system up, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

I seem to be experiencing the same issue as OP. I just updated to MBAM version 2.0.2.1012 and it will give me a BSOD during the scanning process. This happens consistently and seems to occur when the scanner is wrapping up the scanning of files and starting the heuristics scanning. BSOD screen looks similar to that of OP, some pagefault related to MBAMSwissArmy.sys.

I'm running (fully patched) Win7 Pro, 64 bit. I'm not using TrueCrypt. I can provide crash dumps and other details if required.

Hi, @kcir:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Each computer is unique.
Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".
Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox

There are some items that need to be addressed in your logs. Being that we can not work on these types of issues in this section of the forum, you will have to get an expert to assist you.

To get the help needed and clean the system up, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Such as? Please don't give me the "infected" excuse without some solid evidence backing it up.

I did not say you were infected, I simply stated that there were items that needed to be addressed, and addressing those items require that tools be ran that we can not run on this section of the forum.

I am not forcing you to do anything nor giving you any excuses. Its up to you, its your computer but if you want the help I already provided you with instructions as what needed to be done.

I got the same issue.

I just purchased and installed malwarebytes premium v2.0.2.1012 but it gave me a BSOD shortly after starting the first scan. I use Windows 7 pro x64 with TrueCrypt 7.1, MS Security Essentials 4.5.216.0, ZoneAlarm Pro firewall 9.3.037.000. See the supplied screenshot for the BSOD. I use truecrypt system drive encryption. It looks like MBAM 2 is not compatible with truecrypt system drive encryption atm.

MBAM 1.75.0.1300 works fine.

BSOD_Malwarebytes.JPG

Hi, @TheQuickFox:

Each computer is unique.

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Firefox

Hi, @TheQuickFox:

Each computer is unique.

Firefox

Thanks for your guideline. I created a new thread as you advised. (I'm active in other (tech) forums where they

rather then creating new ones for each question. That's why I originally replied here because this issue indeed seemed similar to mine.)