Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Update to 2.0.2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I wanted to start a new thread but am not allowed here, so can I just post here? Just a couple of questions:

#1. Are the lifetime non-expiring MBAM deals on Newegg legit and honored by Malwarebytes?

#2. Just out of curiosity, I tried typing in the activation key of MBAM (bought prior to the 2.0 update) on a second PC.  Surprisingly it got accepted, even though I've already activated it on my other PC.  I just tried that because I read a comment from one guy who says maybe MBAM is more of a per-IP license than a per-machine license.  

Anyway, I immediately uninstalled it.

Now I know when I bought the Pro version back in December, it was a one-PC-at-a-time lifetime license, but having "activated" it in another PC, will it somehow trigger the new one-license-for-3-PCs-for-1-year mode?  I really intend to buy a separate license for the second PC (See #1).

Thanks.

• Root Admin

#1 - Yes, those should be legitimate and should in most cases come with a Retail CD in a color box with the activation number on a card. If it comes in a blank white box then it's probably not legit.

#2 - We monitor for abuse but try to give some leeway for users that may be switching machines, etc and don't want to cause issues for paying customers in so doing.

#1 - Yes, those should be legitimate and should in most cases come with a Retail CD in a color box with the activation number on a card. If it comes in a blank white box then it's probably not legit.

#2 - We monitor for abuse but try to give some leeway for users that may be switching machines, etc and don't want to cause issues for paying customers in so doing.

Hi again, I guess I'm going for the downloadable retail version, instead of the CD.

Really hope the lifetime license sticks.  Thanks for the reply.

Hi, mothproof:

This "News" area of the forum is for staff only, as far as starting new topics (that's why you couldn't do so).

If you run into any problems with your download, install, activation or running of MBAM 2, please just start a new topic in the Support section >>HERE<<.

Someone will be happy to assist you. :)

Thanks,

daledoc1

Guys, sorry about that.  This'll be my last post here, and I'll be posting on the right thread from here on.  Cheers!

No problem and no apologies needed. :)

I was just explaining why you couldn't start a topic in this area and providing the link to the area where we can better assist you with any issues.

Cheers!

daledoc1

i had problems reinstalling the newest 2.0.2 version with reboot but got it fixed with a second uninstall and re install and now works super fast 5-30 minute scan times in threat scan/hyper scan and 1 hour 45 minutes or less for a  custom scan so times have dropped dramatically with the newest version...thanks

NOTE: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2.1012 was released today - 05/20/2014. The full changelog can be viewed here

You can download the installer from this page: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or if you already have the program installed it should start to roll out to users over the next few days via the internal updater.

Ron, what is the "Internal Updater" ?   And when will the rollout start to to users ?

Thanks

T.

it basically means it will ask you to update to 2.0.2 when they start pushing it out threw the malwarebytes program (internal updater is when you update your database and it updates it and also the internal updater will tell you when the update for 2.0.2 is available when you click "check for updates" and ask then it'll ask you to download newest version 2.0.2)

it basically means it will ask you to update to 2.0.2 when they start pushing it out threw the malwarebytes program (internal updater is when you update your database and it updates it and also the internal updater will tell you when the update for 2.0.2 is available when you click "check for updates" and ask then it'll ask you to download newest version 2.0.2)

Thanks GK.  I am on my first version (1004) of MBAM so have not as yet been exposed to the method MBAM uses for program updates.  If it asks at the time of database update then that should be relatively simple.

Seems to be quite of few new issues with 2.0.2.xxxx that will need resolving.  I might just wait awhile until some of the more serious of these are sorted before updating.

T.

NOTE: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2.1012 was released today - 05/20/2014. The full changelog can be viewed here

You can download the installer from this page: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or if you already have the program installed it should start to roll out to users over the next few days via the internal updater.

Has this started rolling out yet?  Haven't seen it on any of my accounts.

• Root Admin

Yes it is rolling out but with millions of customers we don't want to just turn it on full. It will probably rollout over the coming weeks. If you do want to get it now you can click the link above and download and run the installer and it will update it immediately to the latest version.

Looking forward to the version update.  I still have 2.0.1.1004

reading over the topic it indicates I should be receiving the update soon through the internal updater?

Any idea how long this would take? I'm assuming it can take several days since reading it's rolling out slowly. 

Also,  let me thank you guys for all the hard work you do to help protect us. :)

My recent posts have disappeared which were made here

It looks as if the whole subforum where my (recent) posts and those by other members is no longer available, and  has been replaced by "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile Beta", a new topic.

I checked my profile page, recent content for me, and it shows that my last posts were made in February. That is incorrect.... What is going on?

However, from my browser history, I have found one of my recent topics - https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=148719

It is obvious to me and others that come to Malwarebytes forums, that they would no longer find this listed, unless they had the link.

Hi, Tarnak:

Version 2.0.2.1012 was released publicly on 5/20/2014.

As it is no longer in beta, the beta forum for this product release was closed.

The posts contained therein were relocated:

Moved to the closed section of the forum as the program is no longer in beta. If you have fixed links they should probably still open but the information there is now mainly for QA review for development updates.

If you have a problem or issue with MBAM 2.0.2.1012, please start a new topic in the MBAM support section >>HERE<<.

Someone will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

the malwarebytes installers still have their issues with installs from clean install/having to run the installer twice to get left over icon off computers a hassle..hope they can fix these issues with the installers ive had 2 times already... so far no issues with the program though..can't post pics of it though