Pushed Program Updates

Greetings mynorgeek :( .

Unfortunately I don't believe so because newer definitions versions are directly tied to how the new version of the program operates. I believe even if you were to get the new defs with an old version that MBAM would simply display an error stating that the definitions version is incompatible with the version of MBAM you're using.

Greetings mynorgeek :( .

Unfortunately I don't believe so because newer definitions versions are directly tied to how the new version of the program operates. I believe even if you were to get the new defs with an old version that MBAM would simply display an error stating that the definitions version is incompatible with the version of MBAM you're using.

Thank you for the fast reply.

That's what I thought. The concern, of course, is that the program update might be problematic, and some users would prefer to allow others to try the newest version first before doing so themselves. I tend to do that myself whenever that option is available, but I can't with MBAM. I wish they would consider making this possible, rather than tying the database updates to the version updates. :(

I certainly see your point, but believe me a lot of beta testing goes on around here :( . The developers of course try to avoid problems when they can, but when an issue does pop up they're more than willing to help any user troubleshoot their issue until they can find a resolution. The process can be painstaking, but well worth it if it fixes an issue.

• Root Admin
We may make it a feature in the future, solely for corporate users. Reason being, they may need to plan around drastic updates to the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware product. But, for now it is not possible.

Thank you, yes - quite important to Admins that have to manage hundreds or thousands of desktops.

We may make it a feature in the future, solely for corporate users. Reason being, they may need to plan around drastic updates to the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware product. But, for now it is not possible.

I hope that you consider making it a feature for non-corporate users as well, Marcin. A great many security products these days have the database and program updates separate. This provides the user/customer with greater options. Let's be honest, new program versions do at times have problems. The ability to decide for myself whether or not to install an upgrade right away is indeed a huge plus for me. In my time using your program, I have always experienced success. Nevertheless, I see others here in the forum who have not been so fortunate. It would be helpful for some of us to be able to choose whether or not we wish to jump into the fray, when we suspect that a new program version might cause trouble with our particular set up.