• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

HEEEELLLPPP !!!!! ( HAHAHA !!)....No seriously !...I foolishly took the bait from Microsoft and ' updated' my browser to 8 and have had NOTHING but a pain in the ass and a SLOW downloading computer..( when I run , just to make sure its NOT my connection, my speedtest, me results are 16.68 Mbps download and 5.12 Mbs up...so its not that...But OMG !!...Now my pages are like openeing in sections and when I try to scroll when its openeing...it gets all smeary...If that makes sense.... HELP ???? I even tried to set the date back..or whatever.. you know..when you set it back to the settings you had like 2 weeks ago , or whatever..

I hope one of yall can help me !!

Deana

#2 yardbird

yardbird

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Do you have Malwarebytes installed? and can you run a quick scan? Also tell me please what kind of anti-virus software you are using? and your OS is Vista? XP? regards...

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

#3 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Do you have Malwarebytes installed? and can you run a quick scan? Also tell me please what kind of anti-virus software you are using? and your OS is Vista? XP? regards...

Thanks for replying so fast !!...I have Cox cable so I get the Cox all in one McAfee for free...I really figured that it came with a Malware thingy, but I didnt see it listed..I saw the adware remover...

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance ! HA !!

Deana

OH...AND NOW,,,While Im cruisin tonite....When I go to pages, Im getting this McAfee page that says I shouldnt go there ( I have the Site Advisor downloaded but have NEVER gotten this).......Any idea ?

#4 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Oh and to not ignore your initial question, no I dont....when I downloaded that stinkin Stopzilla today because I was so desperate to make my computer run normal, I realized I didnt even Google the comments or anything about it...Thats how I found this site. I also realized that its gonna take more than the act of Congress to remove this shit, Im thinkin... Ha !!!!

Again, I REALLY appreciate your help and time !!

Deana

#5 yardbird

yardbird

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Sometimes IE8 installs can cause problems because it will often fail to reregister certain dll's needed for some functions to work, this could be the issue.

Windows XP
  • Make sure you're logged in as an administrator
  • Click on Start and click Run
  • In the Run box type cmd and press Enter or click OK
  • In the black command prompt window enter the following lines one at a time and press Enter after each one:
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll
    regsvr32 jscript.dll

Windows Vista
  • Click the Start Orb and type cmd
  • Right-click on cmd that appears at the top under Programs and select Run as administrator
  • Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • In the black command prompt window enter the following lines one at a time and press Enter after each one:
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll
    regsvr32 jscript.dll

After doing that, see if MBAM will successfully update on the machines that were having trouble.
[/quote]

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

#6 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

Sometimes IE8 installs can cause problems because it will often fail to reregister certain dll's needed for some functions to work, this could be the issue.

Windows XP

• Click on Start and click Run
  • In the Run box type cmd and press Enter or click OK
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll
    regsvr32 jscript.dll

Windows Vista
  • Click the Start Orb and type cmd
  • Right-click on cmd that appears at the top under Programs and select Run as administrator
  • Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll
    regsvr32 jscript.dll

After doing that, see if MBAM will successfully update on the machines that were having trouble.

After I typed the first line and hit enter, I got a " Load Library ("msxm13.dll")failed. The specified module could not be found

#7 yardbird

yardbird

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

Or you could remove IE8 (will give instructions if needed) & go back to IE 7 or IE 6
I need an answer to my questions please... your anti virus software is?

#8 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

Or you could remove IE8 (will give instructions if needed) & go back to IE 7 or IE 6
I need an answer to my questions please... your anti virus software is?

I would love to change back to 7.....I see no benefit whatsoever to 8.... Im on McAfee Security Suite...Its what comes with Cox Cable

#9 yardbird

yardbird

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

I would love to change back to 7.....I see no benefit whatsoever to 8.... Im on McAfee Security Suite...Its what comes with Cox Cable

OK 1 step at a time - go to start, then control Panel, open add/remove programs---look for IE8 and click remove.

#10 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

OK 1 step at a time - go to start, then control Panel, open add/remove programs---look for IE8 and click remove.

There isnt anything IE 8 or Explorer 8

#11 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

OK..Im a dumbass..I found it...hang on...

#12 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

There isnt anything IE 8 or Explorer 8

So Im gonna restart now....DONT LEAVE PLEASE !!!...HA !!...BRB !

#13 yardbird

yardbird

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

I need something clear

Microsoft and ' updated' my browser to 8

did you get IE8 from MS or anywhere else?
and do you see it in add/remove programs? if you see it, Uninstall IE8 please

#14 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:03 PM

I need something clear did you get IE8 from MS or anywhere else?

WOOHOO !!!..That is gone !!!...Restarted and it looks normal EXCEPT for the Stopzilla....How do I delete that ???... Is it as simple as what we just did ??

Deana

#15 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

I need something clear did you get IE8 from MS or anywhere else?

BTW..I got the IE8 form an automatic MS update thingy that I get when updtaes are available.....

#16 yardbird

yardbird

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

BTW..I got the IE8 form an automatic MS update thingy that I get when updtaes are available.....

wait 1 please

#17 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

wait 1 please

I REALLY appreciate your help !!!...I feel REALLY stoopid, but I promise Im not ! HA !

#18 yardbird

yardbird

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

To remove Stopzilla see this link: http://download.stop...g_STOPzilla.htm

#19 NotADumb

NotADumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

To remove Stopzilla see this link: http://download.stop...g_STOPzilla.htm

U are SO hired !! HAHAH !!....I had read , before I found this site, that I was gonna hafta go line by line and delete each 'dll' line, or something like that

Then I read on like cnet that it was extemely hard to get rid of all the registry keys, whatever that means...

But I really appreciate your help....Hey....why do you think that my McAfee was telling me that there was a security issue with pages I visit every day, and it wouldnt let me go any further, unless I ' overrode' it ??...I didnt click override, but it was doing that with my homepage (1) that is my local TV channel news page...Also a few others I go to everyday....

Ideas on this ??

#20 yardbird

yardbird

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

Post back when you have it removed please !!!regards...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users