My user name kinda sums it up ...BUT

HEEEELLLPPP !!!!! ( HAHAHA !!)....No seriously !...I foolishly took the bait from Microsoft and ' updated' my browser to 8 and have had NOTHING but a pain in the ass and a SLOW downloading computer..( when I run , just to make sure its NOT my connection, my speedtest, me results are 16.68 Mbps download and 5.12 Mbs up...so its not that...But OMG !!...Now my pages are like openeing in sections and when I try to scroll when its openeing...it gets all smeary...If that makes sense.... HELP ???? I even tried to set the date back..or whatever.. you know..when you set it back to the settings you had like 2 weeks ago , or whatever..

I hope one of yall can help me !!

Deana

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Do you have Malwarebytes installed? and can you run a quick scan? Also tell me please what kind of anti-virus software you are using? and your OS is Vista? XP? regards...

Thanks for replying so fast !!...I have Cox cable so I get the Cox all in one McAfee for free...I really figured that it came with a Malware thingy, but I didnt see it listed..I saw the adware remover...

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance ! HA !!

Deana

OH...AND NOW,,,While Im cruisin tonite....When I go to pages, Im getting this McAfee page that says I shouldnt go there ( I have the Site Advisor downloaded but have NEVER gotten this).......Any idea ?

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Do you have Malwarebytes installed? and can you run a quick scan? Also tell me please what kind of anti-virus software you are using? and your OS is Vista? XP? regards...

Oh and to not ignore your initial question, no I dont....when I downloaded that stinkin Stopzilla today because I was so desperate to make my computer run normal, I realized I didnt even Google the comments or anything about it...Thats how I found this site. I also realized that its gonna take more than the act of Congress to remove this stuff, Im thinkin... Ha !!!!

Again, I REALLY appreciate your help and time !!

Deana

Sometimes IE8 installs can cause problems because it will often fail to reregister certain dll's needed for some functions to work, this could be the issue.

Windows XP

• Make sure you're logged in as an administrator
  • Click on Start and click Run
  • In the Run box type cmd and press Enter or click OK
  • In the black command prompt window enter the following lines one at a time and press Enter after each one:
    regsvr32 msxml3.dllregsvr32 scrrun.dllregsvr32 jscript.dll

Windows Vista

• Click the Start Orb and type cmd
  • Right-click on cmd that appears at the top under Programs and select Run as administrator
  • Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • In the black command prompt window enter the following lines one at a time and press Enter after each one:
    regsvr32 msxml3.dllregsvr32 scrrun.dllregsvr32 jscript.dll

After doing that, see if MBAM will successfully update on the machines that were having trouble.

Sometimes IE8 installs can cause problems because it will often fail to reregister certain dll's needed for some functions to work, this could be the issue.

Windows XP

• Click on Start and click Run

• In the Run box type cmd and press Enter or click OK

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

regsvr32 jscript.dll

Windows Vista

• Click the Start Orb and type cmd

• Right-click on cmd that appears at the top under Programs and select Run as administrator

• Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

regsvr32 jscript.dll

After doing that, see if MBAM will successfully update on the machines that were having trouble.

After I typed the first line and hit enter, I got a " Load Library ("msxm13.dll")failed. The specified module could not be found

Or you could remove IE8 (will give instructions if needed) & go back to IE 7 or IE 6

I need an answer to my questions please... your anti virus software is?

I would love to change back to 7.....I see no benefit whatsoever to 8.... Im on McAfee Security Suite...Its what comes with Cox Cable

I would love to change back to 7.....I see no benefit whatsoever to 8.... Im on McAfee Security Suite...Its what comes with Cox Cable

OK 1 step at a time - go to start, then control Panel, open add/remove programs---look for IE8 and click remove.

I need something clear did you get IE8 from MS or anywhere else?

and do you see it in add/remove programs? if you see it, Uninstall IE8 please

WOOHOO !!!..That is gone !!!...Restarted and it looks normal EXCEPT for the Stopzilla....How do I delete that ???... Is it as simple as what we just did ??

Deana

I need something clear did you get IE8 from MS or anywhere else?

and do you see it in add/remove programs? if you see it, Uninstall IE8 please

BTW..I got the IE8 form an automatic MS update thingy that I get when updtaes are available.....

U are SO hired !! HAHAH !!....I had read , before I found this site, that I was gonna hafta go line by line and delete each 'dll' line, or something like that

Then I read on like cnet that it was extemely hard to get rid of all the registry keys, whatever that means...

But I really appreciate your help....Hey....why do you think that my McAfee was telling me that there was a security issue with pages I visit every day, and it wouldnt let me go any further, unless I ' overrode' it ??...I didnt click override, but it was doing that with my homepage (1) that is my local TV channel news page...Also a few others I go to everyday....

Ideas on this ??

But I really appreciate your help....Hey....why do you think that my McAfee was telling me that there was a security issue with pages I visit every day, and it wouldnt let me go any further,

for Mcafee issues see: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18093 BUT if you do not know if you have Malwarebytes, the program? I don't know if that will help... I would call Cox Cable, & get on the phone with there tech support.. since your Mcafee came with your ISP... sound OK?

Post back when you have it removed please !!!regards...

ONE LAST THING and I PROMISE Ill quit bugging you !!!...I have a surround sound on my comuter ( woofer, a tweeter under the monitor, 2 speakers in front and 2 for behind me , or whatever ..) ....But anyways...Since I decided to update and screw my system up, I have one front speaker, that I can hear a hum in, but nothing comes out...all the rest work fine......It started when I did the IE8....Ive checked the back to make sure everythings plugged in...Its hard wired to the back of the speaker....so any ideas on this ?...I had a 4 year warranty that expired in Jan...so of course I cant have anyone come look at it ( Dell 8400)

Agaian

I SO appreciate your time, patience and knowledge !!

Deana

for Mcafee issues see: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18093 BUT if you do not know if you have Malwarebytes, the program? I don't know if that will help... I would call Cox Cable, & get on the phone with there tech support.. since your Mcafee came with your ISP... sound OK?

I dont have the Malwarebytes...Never heard of it til tonite....

And Ive called about my McAfee before..called Cox, since it comes with my cable...the cable techs are here...the McAfee are in India or somewhere..VERY VERY VERY hard to do anything with them....BUT yes, I agree , its something they SHOULD diagnose....just didnt know if youd ever heard of a situation like this ..!

I dont have the Malwarebytes...Never heard of it til tonite....

And Ive called about my McAfee before..called Cox, since it comes with my cable...the cable techs are here...the McAfee are in India or somewhere..VERY VERY VERY hard to do anything with them....BUT yes, I agree , its something they SHOULD diagnose....just didnt know if youd ever heard of a situation like this ..!

Malwarebytes is here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/ read about it.. then you will know

also here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php