2 replies to this topic

#1 Diazruanova

Diazruanova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

Hi,

I Just installed the new FREE MBAM version and it places mbamgui.exe /install /silent to auto run with Windows, so my questions are:

What for is this .exe and can I stop it from auto start without affecting MBAMīs performance?

Thanks a lot :)

E. Diazruanova
Enrique Diazruanova

#2 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hello Diazruanova :) .

That startup entry is placed in the RunOnce key in the registry, meaning it will only attempt to execute after the first reboot after installing a new version of MBAM. In the case of the free version it doesn't do anything except to check for a license key for the pro version, and if found, it installs the active protection module.

You can delete it if you'd like as it would do no harm and wouldn't affect MBAM, however leaving it alone won't hurt your PC's performance either and it will delete itself after the first reboot ;) .
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#3 Diazruanova

Diazruanova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:39 PM

Hello Diazruanova ;) .

That startup entry is placed in the RunOnce key in the registry, meaning it will only attempt to execute after the first reboot after installing a new version of MBAM. In the case of the free version it doesn't do anything except to check for a license key for the pro version, and if found, it installs the active protection module.

You can delete it if you'd like as it would do no harm and wouldn't affect MBAM, however leaving it alone won't hurt your PC's performance either and it will delete itself after the first reboot :) .

Thank you very much exile360, Iīll leave it :)

Diazruanova
Enrique Diazruanova

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users