How do you remove Zone Alarm 100%?
Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:37 PM
Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here.
- Save Autoruns.exe to your desktop and double-click it to run it.
- Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
- Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures
- Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
- When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop.
- Now right-click on the Autoruns.arn file located on your desktop and highlight Sent To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
- Please attach the Autoruns.zip file you just created to your next post.
Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:24 PM
I did some further research and found the official Zone Alarm Removal Tool. Try it first and if unsuccessful, follow my instructions regarding Autoruns above and we'll work on knocking it out manually.
You might also take a look at this post from Wilders which lists the files that are components of ZA and might be left behind on your system.
Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:02 PM
I'm glad I double read!! I started to do the first one--the autorun thingy! Thankfully the second one your provided got rid of the folder And I clicked that thread and searched my files and didn't find any left overs! It's worked like a charm! Thanks!
And thanks for also helping Szgr
Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:09 AM
Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:55 PM
Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:57 PM
On demand: SAS and Hitman Pro
Firewall-Online Armor Premium
FF3-adblock plus, noscript, betterprivacy, WOT, Keyscrambler, TrackMeNot
ONE DAY AT A TIME!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users