• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis Guscott

Dennis Guscott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

Is Malwarebytes compatable with Norton Antivirus?

#2 mountaintree16

mountaintree16

bird lover

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, music, birds, bird watching, walking, reading, animals, computer security, poetry...

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

hello Dennis and welcome to the forums here! :)

I believe that Norton is generally compatible, yes :)

You may need to add some exclusions, though.

This found in the first part of the link I gave you below:

ISSUE: I have an Anti-Virus/Internet-Security other than TrendMicro and McAfee
Here are links to assist with Kaspersky: Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
SOLUTION: Check your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security application to see if you can add exclusions for specific applications/files to ignore. You may need to contact their technical support or check their support website for instructions. You will need to set your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security to ignore/exclude the following files:

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Please check out the link here for info on that and lots of other things too!
http://forums.malwar...showtopic=10138

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, and someone will be able to help you :)

Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.

-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives.
It's what we do consistently.

Tony Robbins

#3 FatCat0623

FatCat0623

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

MBAM is compatible with Norton Antivirus, including the 2010 version. One of my desktop's OS have Norton installed on it and MBAM works fine alongside it.

#4 wizard1970

wizard1970

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

i also have norton installed on 3 pcs and no problems.version 2009 and 2010 havent even had to exclusions list

#5 Marv1988

Marv1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

i also have norton installed on 3 pcs and no problems.version 2009 and 2010 havent even had to exclusions list

Does that apply to both the free and paid versions of MBAM?

I also have Norton 2010 (anti-virus only, and not their full-blown security suite) and the freebie version of MBAM on my desktop, and just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

#6 Marv1988

Marv1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

I also have Norton 2010 (anti-virus only, and not their full-blown security suite) and the freebie version of MBAM on my desktop, and just wanted to be sure.

Also, should I consider adding anything else, such as PSI Secunia, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, or something else, since several posters have several security-related programs on their computers?

Thanks!

#7 noknojon

noknojon

you know why ---

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

Yes , both are suitable for use with Nortons products - If you ever have a problem just post a new topic and we can always advise you -
Some of these (PSI Secunia, Spybot, Spyware Blaster) can be over kill but it depends on your browsing habits -
I only use Malwarebytes , Microsoft Security Essentials and SUPERAntiSpyware (backup on call) and find this is plenty -

Thank You - :lol:
Just another private helper .......................... The answer is always 42, or Reboot
If you are waiting for an answer Press F5 ................. you may have one waiting for you ........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users