• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pryan67

pryan67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

Running the latest malwarebytes (downloaded yesterday) and when I went to update it today, the "check for updates" button is greyed out.

Running Vista...

I've never had this problem before...any suggestions?

#2 noknojon

noknojon

you know why ---

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

Welcome pyran67 -

I have just updated on my computer and this did not appear to happen - (also just checked the tab now and it was OK)
I assume you are using the free vesion (my last update 2 hours ago was OK) -
Can you please reply with the current Version Number you have listed - (Mine shows Version 3406) -
Although this may be hard if you cannot hit the update button - You can try via, Start > Programs > Malwarebytes and see if that way gets in better -

Thank you - :D
Just another private helper .......................... The answer is always 42, or Reboot
If you are waiting for an answer Press F5 ................. you may have one waiting for you ........

#3 pryan67

pryan67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:24 AM

Welcome pyran67 -

I have just updated on my computer and this did not appear to happen - (also just checked the tab now and it was OK)
I assume you are using the free vesion (my last update 2 hours ago was OK) -
Can you please reply with the current Version Number you have listed - (Mine shows Version 3406) -
Although this may be hard if you cannot hit the update button - You can try via, Start > Programs > Malwarebytes and see if that way gets in better -

Thank you - :)

Ok, so I'm an idiot *LOL* I wasn't running it as an administrator...as soon as I did that it worked fine

thanks for the reply...

#4 dasdas

dasdas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

Do you have to be an Administrator to check for updates?
And, do you have to be an admin to auto update?
The reason I ask is that I have installed the program as admin, but our users run as "standard users" in Vista Business 64bit.
I have installed the "registered" version last Friday and set it to check for updates at 11:00AM.
I just checked that computer and no updates have occurred since 3/5/2010 and the "Check for Updates" button is grayed out?

Thanks

#5 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

Hello dasdas and welcome to Malwarebytes :)

You have to run the program as administrator to update manually, however automatic updates should be able to run without logging in as admin. If it is not working properly then please contact support@malwarebytes.org and they will assist you directly with getting it to work properly.

Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users