Manual database update

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
Any place to get the absolute newest manual definition update? I can't auto update and the manual update from this link is a bit out of date. On the flipside, if you do auto update is there a way to take the definitions from the updated PC to a non-updated machine?> Thanks.

I believe you're looking for: mbam-rules.exe

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Link removed. Listed site on page is the one that should be used.
is there a way to take the definitions from the updated PC to a non-updated machine?> Thanks.

Yes, if you look under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in XP and C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Vista the file you want is called rules.ref.

Reason for edit: Link removed. Listed site on page is the one that should be used.

Hmm... Was I not supposed to post that or something? I don't particularly care, I'm just curious if it was more because it was a semi-private link, or whether I misunderstood the question?

I believe you're looking for: mbam-rules.exe

Well, sort of, yes. That file gives you database version 1893, which is pretty well out of date. I believe the latest database is something like 1979 or something like that. Basically the most recent manual update I can find thus far is too old. Anyone else know if there is a more recent manual update file?

@drmax

What bug? Are you seeing any message(s) when attempting to update? and if so, what are they?

Hello. I apparently do not have a bug...now. Now what my problem is, is that I had restored windows to a previous state. No I am unable to reverse this, as the restore feature is not working. I am only able to start in the safe mode. When trying to start normally, I'll see the normal start-up, (with an extremely quick flash of a smaller blue box...can't read it) then the windows thing saying starting, then it cycles back to start up. No go.

Also, now when I try to run SFC /SCANNOW, with cd in drive, just a quick blip appears on screen then goes away.

Dunno....looks like I'm heading for a format.

@drmax

You also have a recent open thread in the Malware-HijackThis sub-forum.

Please stop multi-posting in the different sub-forums, and probably just go back to the HJT sub-forum.

But then too, if there is no malware issues, you ought not to be there either.

If you have a good, complete system backup, use that to restore the system.

And for your benefit, if malware is suspected, one should never use System Restore to go backwards as often that is not the complete solution either; and the fact that malwares can very often be in areas not protected or monitored by System Restore.

Stick with your original post at http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13980

@drmax

You also have a recent open thread in the Malware-HijackThis sub-forum.

Please stop multi-posting in the different sub-forums, and probably just go back to the HJT sub-forum.

But then too, if there is no malware issues, you ought not to be there either.

If you have a good, complete system backup, use that to restore the system.

And for your benefit, if malware is suspected, one should never use System Restore to go backwards as often that is not the complete solution either; and the fact that malwares can very often be in areas not protected or monitored by System Restore.

Stick with your original post at http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13980

Sorry about that. Please delete all of that confusion. My pc is formatted and all better.

My hands were full with a messed up pc and my little kids. (yesterday)

Please accept my appologies. I'm usually more professional. DM

• 4 weeks later...

The Download link for the Update is Not available now.

Too bad as I sure do not desire to turn the Internet on a machine I am cleaning and installing Malwarebytes on till I am sure it's clean enough to do so. By allowing me to download the latest update manually, I can assure the computer is clean enough to now turn Internet on and register the product and download latest database.

bill