Malware.Packer.Gen

Kahai

Hi, I am not sure if this is a false positive or not, but I've run a full scan and found one infection entitled Malware.Packer.Gen as

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{FDD9614E-CF40-43E1-9C20-263B0BDC362F}\RP167\A0064576.DLL

On inspection, this file was last created and modified back in 2003! The year of the computer's purchase.

I would like to make sure that it is in fact a malicious file before I go deleting it.

That is a file backed up in system restore and if you are not seeing a matching file detected in your system it is almost certainly a very old backup of malicious software .

Remember system restore backs up ALL executable files , not just the clean ones .

You can have MBAM delete it or flush system restore , wither option will handle this .

You can also ignore it as where it is located is not accessible and unless you plan on running system restore all the way back to 2003 it wont ever effect anything .