hey any one try this yet? http://www.avantbrowser.com/

#2 honda12

honda12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

hey any one try this yet? http://www.avantbrowser.com/

I used Avant a while back. It is a good browser, quite fast, some cool features (well, at the time! B) ) - It is based on Internet Explorer

Now, I use Firefox 3 RC1

#3 Maniac

Maniac

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,405 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

This is the problem of these browsers:

It is based on Internet Explorer

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here paypal.gif

#4 honda12

honda12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:21 AM

This is the problem of these browsers

Yep, thats the problem! :lol:

Basically the guy designed Avant wanted add loads of new features to IE because IE at the time (and still is) very sloooooow to add new features

#5 Maniac

Maniac

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,405 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:01 AM

I agree with you. In my view, Internet Explorer may be one basis for another great browser that combining the positive attributes of other better browsers may be the best. To become a Microsoft, it is necessary to work very hard over its browser, such as quality and less as a vision. I think that Avant Browser is a good browser should be handled well above it in order not to become as Internet Explorer 7. I think soon to draw Avant and view it in detail.
My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here paypal.gif

#6 John L. Galt

John L. Galt

Forum Deity

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:Annoyances, especially M$ related.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

Actually, isn't it really that it *overlies* IE 7 as opposed ot be ing based upon IE 7?

FCE92D3055DAE81D194C9CD863349227.png

375727.png

Interested in alternatives to Micro$oft? Visit our Alternative OS Forum. Also, check out our exclusive interviews (FREE membership required!!!)

GrabIt ╬▓eta Tester 

#7 MysteryFCM

MysteryFCM

Forum Deity

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

Disclosure: I'm an admin of the Avant Browser forums, and have been running the Avant Browser Archive (avant.it-mate.co.uk) for several years.

Avant isn't an overlay for IE, it is a shell for the Trident engine, just like IE is a shell. The reason many do not make the distinction, is that many of the features within IE, can be found within Avant. However, the majority of the features are not built into IE itself, but into the Trident engine.

Avant will work irrespective of IE version installed (6, 7, 8), aslong as the engine is present.

Steven Burn

Malware Intelligence Analyst

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users