• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soliderx

soliderx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

I wasn't able to really find much on the EULA of Malware Bytes and I was wondering if there are any restrictions for usage of it in a corperate enviroment or educational enviroment.

#2 marktreg

marktreg

Elite Member

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

Yes, there are restrictions for using both the free and paid versions of Malwarebytes in a corporate or educational environment.

Please visit the link below and fill in the form to receive further information.

http://www.malwareby...g/corporate.php

#3 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

Greetings and welcome to Malwarebytes :unsure:

Yes, according to the EULA, the free version is only for personal use, not for corporate, educational or use in a tech shop environment. For use in any of those scenarios a Corporate License or Technician's License must be purchased. For further information and pricing please fill out the form on this page.

Thank you :lol:
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#4 ShyWriter

ShyWriter

The pencil is mightier than the bite..

• Software Updaters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:08 PM

Greetings and welcome to Malwarebytes :)
Yes, according to the EULA, the free version is only for personal use, not for corporate, educational or use in a tech shop environment. For use in any of those scenarios a Corporate License or Technician's License must be purchased. [...]

You might be interested in this tidbit; when I called SAMS CLUB extended warranty help line and finally started talking with a tech about my computer problem, the FIRST thing she suggested was to come here and download MBAM, then run a scan with it. :)

That's how I found out about MBAM; scan found one trojan and two traces - wasn't my problem, "problem" though, but... - and I bought a license the next day... Been happy ever since. And I am continually amazed at the speedy responses on the Forums as well as the accurate pool of knowledge.

Shy

#5 ShyWriter

ShyWriter

The pencil is mightier than the bite..

• Software Updaters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

...[continued]

I did/do have antivirus sofware as well as running SpyBot once a week as well as CC.. and Window'sDefender. None of them caught the trojan or traces even tho' I run antivirus scans daily, deep (with rootkit detection) once a week..

Shy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users