• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FatCat0623

FatCat0623

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

MBAM V1.45 Beta works...so far, so good. No bugs discovered yet and the GUI tweaking is interesting.

But what happened to some of the features? Under the tab 'More Tools', there used to be a 'report false positive' and 'report bug' option, but now it's...gone..? Will it be added in the final version?

Regarding performance, there are no noticeable speed improvements over MBAM's startup. Same goes to scan performance; CPU cycles average between 11 and 45 for most of the time just like in v1.44. Tested some rootkit samples on MBAM and it deleted them successfully, so no problem with scanner effectiveness.

Conclusion thus far: not much noticeable improvement from a free user's point of view, except for the interface tweaking and the update module.

Will follow up with more feedbacks soon.

P.S: Tested this beta MBAM with Virtual PC with Windows XP SP2 installed. The copy of virtual Windows XP is a fresh installation, so benchmark for the above feedback should be accurate.

#2 begbodyguard

begbodyguard

• Honorary Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

Is it really gone ???? cause is still have them in the beta :)

#3 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

May the penguin be with you!

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts
  • Interests:Scripting, GNU/Linux, photography

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

@FatCat0623-The bug reporting is under the more tools tab. However the reporting false positives has been removed. I'm not sure if this will be the final version or not. More then likely is just temporary. ;)

I'm not a staff member just another Malwarebytes' user.

Advice: Hug your dog, cat etc everyday! :)

#4 FatCat0623

FatCat0623

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:50 AM

@ Buttons, Thanks for the clarification!

@ begvodyguard, no its really gone. Well, Buttons do clarify about the bug report feature but the 'report false positive' feature is indeed gone. Let's see if the team will add it in the final release.

#5 glockman

glockman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Regarding performance, there are no noticeable speed improvements over MBAM's startup. Same goes to scan performance; CPU cycles average between 11 and 45 for most of the time just like in v1.44. Tested some rootkit samples on MBAM and it deleted them successfully, so no problem with scanner effectiveness.

Conclusion thus far: not much noticeable improvement from a free user's point of view, except for the interface tweaking and the update module.

But I have noticed on my machine a faster scan speed and less CPU usage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users