Photo

Beta 1.45 Performance issue (also in 1.44)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scaredofgirls

scaredofgirls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Hello,

Firstly let me congratulate you on the 1.45 Beta Release.. its looking great, especially the flash updates, and scheduled scanning. :)

I had previously noticed this issue with previous 1.44 and 1.43...but was hoping it would have gone in 1.45. :)

Basically.. When I have "enable protection" switched on, and I download a large file, my mouse jutters/stalls on the screen for the duration of the download. It doesnt do it when malwarebytes isnt loaded or "enabled protection" is disabled.

I have tried three different anti-virus softwares to, testing with MBytes on and off, and it is still doing the same, even with no anti-virus software.

So therefore I can only conclude its something to do with the protection feature, not being able to scan the download quick enough? for my 20mb connection? Just a wild guess!!

My setup

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2GB Ram, Win 7 HP
Downloading via chrome or IE
With or without anti virus.

Also in between 1.43, 1.44 and 1.45 I have re-installed windows probably twice. So it has been performed on a fresh installed system.

Ben

#2 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

Greetings :)

Does this still happen if you leave protection enabled but turn off IP Protection? The reason I ask is because Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's memory protection does not actually scan files when they're downloaded, only when they try to execute in memory, this is to avoid conflicts with AV software.

Currently there is a known issue with the IP Protection module creating the symptoms you've described on some users systems (particularly Vista and Windows 7 based systems).
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users