• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:39 AM

For those of you with the Paid version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

Please test the following scheduler configurations:
  • Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click the Protection tab
  • Click on the Scheduler button
  • Please make sure that the Scan tab is selected and click the drop down menu next to Frequency and select Once
  • Click the drop down next to Type: and select Flash
  • Check the following options:

• Perform scheduled scan silently from system account.
  • Save log file regardless of user settings.

Set the time of the scan to occur sometime in the near future so you don't have to wait too long.

Once the scan completes, please check the following location to see if a log has been created there:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Please post back with your findings.

Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#2 BMOC

BMOC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:08 AM

I noticed last night that scheduled scan log files weren't being created on my system either. I was going to bring it up this morning but you beat me to it. There is mention in the protection-log that the scan was executed but that seems to be it. Also, I don't have the folder you specified. The only Malwarebytes log folder I have it is at : C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Win7 Professional 64bit

#3 sho-dan

sho-dan

कैंसर योद्धा

• Malware Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:20 AM

The Flash scan log is a no show in the Application Data folder! exile360

#4 njustice

njustice

• Experts
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:29 AM

No such folder exists in Application Data.

Win XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3
ASAP Proud member since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

Administrator - Pctorium

#5 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:45 AM

For 64 bit Vista and 7 systems it should be here:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

And for 32 bit Vista and 7 systems it should be here:

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Note that this is where the logs from scans run under the System account will be stored.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#6 Sartori

Sartori

True Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:51 AM

Hello

Am running win7 64 and the log did show up there...

Homebuilt machine running Win 7 64 bit. i7 3770K . 8 gigs Corsair Vengance. intel SSD. EVGA gtx 760 SC . Soundblaster Z.  PC Power And Cooling 850 watt PSU. Asus Sabertooth Z77, . Microsoft Security Essentials and MBAM Pro.

#7 sho-dan

sho-dan

कैंसर योद्धा

• Malware Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:54 AM

Vista 32
Must check the 'Recover if missed by' box, mine is set for 1 hr (option time amount is your choice for both box options ) I also have Repeating every box checked for 1 day.

Flash Scan log found in the 'Roaming folder' in the App Data section now after checking said boxes. :)

Edit:

In the Recover if missed by box the time range setting is from 0 to 23 hr(s) would it be fesible to change the time set to 1 to 24 hr(s)
zero time set doesnt produce the Flash scan log in the 'Roaming folder' in the App Data section .

#8 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for testing this everybody. I've also found that in XP, the log is saved in the current user's log folder, even when executed from the system account. Also, in Vista and 7, when a scheduled task is running for mbam.exe under the system account, you can run MBAM simultaneously as the current user without issue, however, in XP, if you attempt to do so it throws an error that Malwarebytes' is already running. I've sent this info to the developers for their review.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#9 Tarnak

Tarnak

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

Thanks for testing this everybody. I've also found that in XP, the log is saved in the current user's log folder, even when executed from the system account.

Confirmed.

Attached Files

#10 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:53 AM

To clarify a bit, the logs I'm referring to are not the Protection Logs, but the scan logs being saved when a scan is performed from the System account (by scheduling it to be performed that way). For instructions on testing this, please refer to my first post in this topic.

So to recap, the scan logs from scans scheduled to execute from the System account should be in the following locations:

For XP it should be here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

For 64 bit Vista and 7 systems it should be here:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

And for 32 bit Vista and 7 systems it should be here:

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#11 BMOC

BMOC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

My logs were in the correct location and I learned a bit about what Windows search indexes by default. Thanks for clarifying the log locations!

#12 mona7865

mona7865

Elite Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

Exile, I'm truly sorry but the only logs to be found are the one I ran on Wednesday after installing the public beta, and the scheduled quick scan yesterday. No evidence whatsoever from the flash scans. :)

Attached File  Logs_Folder_MBAM.JPG   59.42KB   27 downloads
Kindly Regards.

Mona.

#13 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:13 AM

Thanks Mona :)

I believe you're right, after reviewing on my XP VM (Virtual Machine), it seems I had a log left over from a previous scan run under my own user account that I thought was the log from the scheduled Flash scan. It appears that in XP the scan logs are not being created when run scheduled under the System account.

I'll let the developers know.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#14 Tarnak

Tarnak

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:19 AM

I ran the test again and confirm that the scan log is not being created in XP as per Mona's post above.

#15 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

Mona, and anyone else running Windows XP: Please also check C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs for the scan logs (this is the same location where protection logs are stored) to see if the scan logs from the Flash scans are there and let me know.

Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#16 Tarnak

Tarnak

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

I find only protection logs, no scan logs in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

#17 mona7865

mona7865

Elite Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

Exile, still no luck here : :)

Attached File  Protection_Logs_folder.JPG   53.79KB   21 downloads

Just a thought (and I might be completely wrong) but could it be that a log from a flash scan (after an update) were only to be saved if something would be found? :)
Kindly Regards.

Mona.

#18 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:33 AM

Just a thought (and I might be completely wrong) but could it be that a log from a flash scan (after an update) were only to be saved if something would be found? :)

Please create this scan task manually as illustrated in my first post in this thread, not using the Flash scan after update option. This will tell MBAM to save the log no matter what. Once the scheduled scan you just created runs, check that location again to see if it saved a scan log or not.

edit: Nevermind the Spycar file, it isn't needed and I'm not sure that the Flash scan checks C:\Windows anyway. The clean logs should still be saved (they are on my Vista system and this has already been confirmed by other users in this topic).
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#19 Tarnak

Tarnak

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:34 AM

I was thinking the same thing!...but you posted. :)

#20 Tarnak

Tarnak

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

Please create this scan task manually as illustrated in my first post in this thread, not using the Flash scan after update option.

I am sure that is what i did, if I understood your initial instructions. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users