• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

I have installed the anti-malware program on my notebook, ran the program and showed 4 infections. I removed it but when I rebooted, the infections reappeared and in spite of my scans and removals, they kept persisting. What is "malware.trace"? BTW, my log date is wrong - was not able to check. Please help. Thanks.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.45
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 3962

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

1/2/2002 6:17:11 AM
mbam-log-2002-01-02 (06-17-11).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 104150
Time elapsed: 23 minute(s), 58 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowCpl\1 (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\forceclassiccontrolpanel (Hijack.ControlPanelStyle) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispAppearancePage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#2 noknojon

noknojon

you know why ---

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

Welcome Pilgrim -
Please use these directions to install a clean new copy of Malwarebytes and then re-do a Quick Scan only - If the items are still there please reply -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:
  • Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important
After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -
Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  • Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important
After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only
Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.
You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.
Thank You - :D
Just another private helper .......................... The answer is always 42, or Reboot
If you are waiting for an answer Press F5 ................. you may have one waiting for you ........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users