Rogue software uses intentional false positives to convince the user that their system has been compromised and then demands money to remove these false threats. In extreme cases the false threats are actually the very trojans that advertise or even directly install the rogue. If Antivirus 2009 has been installed on your system without your permission or you are seeing popup advertising or recommending that you use Antivirus 2009 your system is infected with the zlob trojan. You are strongly advised to follow our removal instructions below.
Our program, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove this rogue application for free. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. The rogue application should now be gone.