• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 askankman

askankman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:47 AM

Now that every new computer ships with a 64-bit processor and most systems include a 64-bit OS, it really is overdue for MBAM to develop a fully revamped 64-bit anti-malware detection program. I've used MBAM in Windows 7 64-bit with an Intel Quad Core processor and MBAM lags system performance, and gobbles up excessive system resources. It is time to build a 64-bit version to take advantage of the 64-bit environment and multi core processors.

#2 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,015 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

Greetings :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I've passed them along to the developers.

I believe some performance optimizations for dual and multicore systems are in the works although I don't know when they'll be implemented.

As for 64 bit, there's really nothing faster about a 64 bit system, it simply allows access to more RAM (more than the standard 2Gb per process and 48 bits of address space vs 32 bits). Our processes should never even come close to that upper limit with regards to RAM usage. 64 is only faster for apps that use very high amounts of RAM such as professional level CAD programs, photo editors, video editors etc. Normal programs such as antivirus, word processors etc yield no gain from 64 bit vs 32 bit.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#3 mountaintree16

mountaintree16

bird lover

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, music, birds, bird watching, walking, reading, animals, computer security, poetry...

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

askankman,

What are you using for an AntiVirus program? You may need to add some exclusions to your AV for Mbam if you are experiencing system slowdowns.

Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.

-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives.
It's what we do consistently.

Tony Robbins

#4 YoKenny1

YoKenny1

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Interests:Using computers for learning.
    Happily retired IBMer after 31 years mainly in hardware maintenance.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

I agree with exile360's comments.

Attached Images

• Task.PNG

E5200 2.5GHZ, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit, avast! V6.0 Free, IE9
P4 2.8GHZ, 1.5GB RAM, 40GB HD, XP Pro SP3, 32-bit, avast! V6.0 Pro, Macrium Reflect
with IE8 and Chrome, hpHosts, MVPS HOSTS files, MBAM Full, OpenDNS, SpeedFan, WinPatrol PLUS

#5 askankman

askankman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Greetings :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I've passed them along to the developers.

I believe some performance optimizations for dual and multicore systems are in the works although I don't know when they'll be implemented.

As for 64 bit, there's really nothing faster about a 64 bit system, it simply allows access to more RAM (more than the standard 2Gb per process and 48 bits of address space vs 32 bits). Our processes should never even come close to that upper limit with regards to RAM usage. 64 is only faster for apps that use very high amounts of RAM such as professional level CAD programs, photo editors, video editors etc. Normal programs such as antivirus, word processors etc yield no gain from 64 bit vs 32 bit.

Thanks exile360. Are you guys coding in Visual Studio C++ ? If so, I recommend Intel Parallel Studio 2011 to perform all the parallel coding. The 2011 plug-in has a fantastic tool called Parallel Advisor that makes the whole job relatively easy.

#6 DarkSnakeKobra

DarkSnakeKobra

May the penguin be with you!

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts
  • Interests:Scripting, GNU/Linux, photography

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Thanks exile360. Are you guys coding in Visual Studio C++ ? If so, I recommend Intel Parallel Studio 2011 to perform all the parallel coding. The 2011 plug-in has a fantastic tool called Parallel Advisor that makes the whole job relatively easy.

I don't believe they do. They use Visual Basic if I'm correct. Probably 2005.:)

I'm not a staff member just another Malwarebytes' user.

Advice: Hug your dog, cat etc everyday! :)

#7 Couposn

Couposn

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Programming, Cold Weather, Cola, Computers.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

Im running a 64bit version of Windows 7 with Malwarebytes Coupon Code and no problems at all, realtime detection in full version works too.
Installed Protection: Malwarebytes Review + Avira
Licensed all my computers with premium version using Malwarebytes Coupon
Posted Image
CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, MCDST, ADITP, NVQ in IT, Currently Studying: C++ and PHP, CSS, HTML

Spec:
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Edition, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA HDD + 60GB SSD, AMD Phenom X6 Six Core
Software: Mozilla Firefox, CCleaner, Discounted Malwarebytes Coupon, VLC Media Player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users