Command Line Parameters

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, this seemed like the most logical place to post. The setup command line parameters page on this site has a number of links to pages regarding the /TYPE, /COMPONENTS, /TASKS, /MERGETASKS, and /PASSWORD setup command line params. Seems like the destination of these links would shed some much needed light on how to make full use of these params. The problem is the destination is a page that says "This page cannot be found" or some such. Is this a problem with the malwarebytes site or is it simply a case of the info not being ready to publish yet?

(1) Yes, you can use this parameter, mbam-setup.exe /SP- /SILENT /NOCANCEL

(2) No, this is very unsafe as you should always review malware on your system before removing it.

(3) No, there is no point.

:D

Actually it would be very helpful to have the ability to run via command line silently.

Managed Services Providers like mysellf would find a tremendous benefit in running silently and monitoring a log file for the results.

I was just getting ready to download and deploy to 150 computers, but I cannot have 150 users freaking out about seeing a results screen concerning computer security. We wouldn't be able to take the calls fast enough :)

Hopefully this is something that can be implemented in future versions, I would love to use this utility in our service offering.

Like I said, that was the page from the help file. Attached is the full help file.

With 7 downloads already, looks like other people were a little mystified as to where to get this info too. Perhaps the broken links I mentioned above at this site should be removed or replaced with a link to the full help file or the Inno setup page.

Actually it would be very helpful to have the ability to run via command line silently.

Managed Services Providers like mysellf would find a tremendous benefit in running silently and monitoring a log file for the results.

I was just getting ready to download and deploy to 150 computers, but I cannot have 150 users freaking out about seeing a results screen concerning computer security. We wouldn't be able to take the calls fast enough ;)

Hopefully this is something that can be implemented in future versions, I would love to use this utility in our service offering.

I agree, this would be HUGE. Make this run silently, save a log to the windows event log, (or a text file, at least), automatically remove infections. Then sell a tech copy for 50 bucks or so to install on unlimited computers. I would buy it in a heartbeat...

where can I download the exe to the latest version 1.25, cnet only has 1.24. Im looking for the actual exe, so I can use the silent switches

Run the internal updater.

Goto your documents and settings\all users\application data\malwarebytes\malwarebytes' Antimalware

Inside the folder you will find the executable for v1.25 as downloaded from the installer and the rules file. You may find some of these folders hidden, and will have to show all files to get to it, but thats where the installer keeps the most recently downloaded copy of the mbam-setup.exe

• 2 months later...
I agree, this would be HUGE. Make this run silently, save a log to the windows event log, (or a text file, at least), automatically remove infections. Then sell a tech copy for 50 bucks or so to install on unlimited computers. I would buy it in a heartbeat...

is there any news yet on a silent run and remove command? this would really benifit Managed services providers in deploying via a script and then running on a schedule without the user knowing.

• 3 months later...

Has there been any update on this functionality?

I would love to be able to deploy, scan and clean via the command line. More and more IT companies are utilizing managed services and to have the option to use Malwarebytes would be great. This functionality would generate new revenue streams and push the product into the corporate would. Sounds like a great idea to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
is there any news yet on a silent run and remove command? this would really benifit Managed services providers in deploying via a script and then running on a schedule without the user knowing.

I don't know how to remove via command line, but you can run silently using PSTools (psexec). Hope this helps.