• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 darkdata

darkdata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

I am trying to install and during the process and getting the RegCreateKeyEX failed; Code 5 error. Digging into this error I found it is related to the permissions. HOWEVER, I have been unsuccessful adding permisions to this key. When I drill down to the reg key location I get the error
"Cannot Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware_is1: Error while opening key."
When I check the permission of this key no one is listed, there is NO owner tab either. I can add the Admin group but the change fails again due to no permission.
From what I can tell I need to either add permission to this key so I can finish the instalation or remove it so I can finish the installation.

Thanks all,
Dark

#2 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,986 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:
  • Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  • Click on the Start Posted Image button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#3 darkdata

darkdata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

Performed the listed task... No joy. Same error still comes up, unable to access the reg key to make changes.

#4 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hello :)

You might give RegASSASSIN a try, it may delete it for you. Otherwise you might try Safe Mode.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#5 darkdata

darkdata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:39 AM

No joy in Safe mode nor with RegAssassin...
Error 1 is error received from RegAssassin
Error 2 is the Reg location of the key I am needing to delete or give permission to.

What next??

Thanks,
Dark

Attached Files

#6 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

You could give RegDelNull a try as well, it may be more effective in this case.

Just to be on the safe side, please do the following first just in case something goes wrong:

Backup the Registry:

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to read the FAQ for additional precautions and instructions on proper use.

• Please download ERUNT from here
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say NO to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup.
    • Note: the default location is C:\Windows\ERDNT which is acceptable.
  • Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.
  • Click on OK
  • Then click on YES to create the folder.

Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#7 darkdata

darkdata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

OK I was successful backing up the registry.
When I run RegDelNull I accepted the terms and now I only get a black box that flashes on the screen and nothing.
I have tried a reboot too.

What next?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users