ScreenshotCaptor False Positive

bazza12

Hello Developers:

Ive been using a program called ScreenshotCaptor from Donation coders for about 3-4yrs, the program has never been flagged by Malwarebyes or any other security measure that i have on my computer, but it was flagged today 16/09/2010 , this is obviously a false positive: Did a jotti and virus tools online scan and it was flagged by e-scan and clamav and we know how good those lemons are, nut the rest off the reputable scanners zero so i will expect a quick response on this non-issue!!

Yours Respectfully Bazza12 :) :) :):) !!!!!

ScreenshotCaptor_False_Positive.zip

Hello, maybe that helps, do this one, and post the log here too.

READ BEFORE REPORTING A FALSE POSITIVE! -> http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=3228

MAM

The Log is in the Archive: was under impression that all that was needed was for the techs to have a look at logs and files, not for other people to look at logs, nothing to do with them in my opinion, anyway as i said earlier all relevant details are within archive!

bazza12

Ok, my apologize for my blindness in this issue.

Ok we must waiting for the experts now.

MAM

Thanks MAM: Ok no biggie, Im a computer tech myself, so i know the ropes, anyway thanks for the reply and as you say we will wait till they have analyzed the 2 dlls to see if they are nefarious, they shouldn't be though, ive put them in a decompiler and i couldn't see anything wrong with them!

Regards Bazza12

This was a generic packer based detection and accurate. Your files are not malware so I will work around them in the next update.

THANKS NOSIRRAH, FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE, YOUR PRODUCT IS THE BEST BACK-STOP I USE IN MY ARSENAL, I THOUGHT THAT THE HEURISTICS SCANNER WAS SET UP TO OVER ZEALOUSLY , YOU ARE RIGHT IT DID FLAG THE FUNCTION OFF THOSE 2 DLLS , BY DESIGN THEY DO HOOK INTO FUNCTIONS THAT MALEWARE USE TO CAPTURE USER KEYSTROKES AND SCREEN, BUT THATS WHAT THE PROGRAM IS FOR, ITS VERY USEFUL, I DO KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON MY SYSTEM AND SCREENSHOTCAPTOR NEVER TRIES TO TUNNEL OUT THROUGH MY FIREWALL, SO ANYWAY THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE!

Bazza12 :):):):):) !!!!