• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

A couple of months ago when my system was messed up I had to wipe my C: drive and reload. I then programmed “Anti-Malware” to do a daily update and a daily full scan.

I am now using the 1.50 Beta version. I updated my 1.46 two days ago and immediately did a full scan. I selected the drives for the scan. The results are attached.

However, when my regularly scheduled full scan took place the next day (results attached), instead of C: G: and H: as was done by my selection after I downloaded beta 1.50, the scan was done on C:, F:, and G:. see attached. The scheduled full scan has run this way ever since I reloaded the system.

Is there another way to indicate which drives are to be scanned? Other than a one-time full scan I see no place to select drives for the scan. This was true also with 1.46.

C: is my main drive, G: and H: are my external drives. I currently have no F: drive.

Crampa

Attached Files

#2 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

The drives to scan should be stored in the following registry value (32-bit and 64-bit):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | selectedrives

I can make a .reg for you that that registry entry to the correct drives for you. Just let me know if you want me to. :)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#3 RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY

Marcin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

You may also "cheat" and open the Full Scan prompt and select the drives you want and click Scan. These drives will be saved and each scheduled scan will execute on them as well.
Marcin Kleczynski
Chief Executive Officer

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#4 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

You may also "cheat" and open the Full Scan prompt and select the drives you want and click Scan. These drives will be saved and each scheduled scan will execute on them as well.

I thought so, too. But when I properly did a full scan after changing to 1.50, the next scheduled scan was on C: F: and G:. I then deleted the old schedule and re-entered my correct drives for the daily scan but the scan was still on C: F: and G:.
:)

#5 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

The drives to scan should be stored in the following registry value (32-bit and 64-bit):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | selectedrives

I can make a .reg for you that that registry entry to the correct drives for you. Just let me know if you want me to. :)

Thank you very much. I guess there's no other way to do it.

#6 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

Thank you very much. I guess there's no other way to do it.

The method that Marcin detailed above is supposed to work as well. Are you running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as an administrator?

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#7 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

The method that Marcin detailed above is supposed to work as well. Are you running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as an administrator?

I am the administrator. I just now completed a full scan with my correct drives: C: G: and H: (Attached) My scheduled scan will run shortly. I'll let you know tomorrow which drives were scanned. I'm betting it will be C: F: and G:. My main drive used to be F: a couple of years ago, I'm sure before I installed Anti-Malware 1.46 in Feb this year. Currently, F: is not assigned to any device.

Attached Files

#8 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:29 AM

I am the administrator. I just now completed a full scan with my correct drives: C: G: and H: (Attached) My scheduled scan will run shortly. I'll let you know tomorrow which drives were scanned. I'm betting it will be C: F: and G:. My main drive used to be F: a couple of years ago, I'm sure before I installed Anti-Malware 1.46 in Feb this year. Currently, F: is not assigned to any device.

Just as I thought. Inexplicable to me. Today's scan is attached. C: F: and G:! So lay that registry magic on me, please, GT500.
:) :)

Attached Files

#9 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Just as I thought. Inexplicable to me. Today's scan is attached. C: F: and G:! So lay that registry magic on me, please, GT500.

Here you go:
Attached File  fix_full_scan_drives.zip   342bytes   20 downloads

That download is a ZIP Archive that contains a Registry Export. Open the ZIP Archive, and extract the Registry Export onto your Desktop. Once you have the Registry Export on your Desktop, just double click on it, and the Windows Registry Editor will open it and ask you if you want to import it into the registry. Tell it Yes, and then it will let you know when it's done (obviously you will want to make sure that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is not running when you do this). After that, you can change your computer's clock to 1 minute before the scheduled scan is set to run, and see what it scans (just make sure to change your clock back afterwards). :)

#10 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

Here you go:
Attached File  fix_full_scan_drives.zip   342bytes   20 downloads

That download is a ZIP Archive that contains a Registry Export. Open the ZIP Archive, and extract the Registry Export onto your Desktop. Once you have the Registry Export on your Desktop, just double click on it, and the Windows Registry Editor will open it and ask you if you want to import it into the registry. Tell it Yes, and then it will let you know when it's done (obviously you will want to make sure that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is not running when you do this). After that, you can change your computer's clock to 1 minute before the scheduled scan is set to run, and see what it scans (just make sure to change your clock back afterwards). :)

Thanks Arthur,
I won't change the clock, I'll just check tomorrow morning to see the result.
Ed

#11 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thanks Arthur,
I won't change the clock, I'll just check tomorrow morning to see the result.
Ed

Hi Arthur, I did run the reg fix, but unbelievably, the result is still the same: C: F: G:. Not C: G: H: as I hoped. see attached. Now I'm really puzzled. What's going on?
Ed

Attached Files

#12 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

I'll send you a private message, and we'll see if we can't figure it out. :)

#13 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

I'll send you a private message, and we'll see if we can't figure it out. :)

I have the MBAM check text but I don't understand how to reply to your private message and attach it. I assume I shouldn't upload it to this reply.
Ed

#14 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

I have the MBAM check text but I don't understand how to reply to your private message and attach it. I assume I shouldn't upload it to this reply.
Ed

There should be attachment controls just below where you reply to my private message. There should be a button to click on the right side to choose the file, and then another button to upload the file.

#15 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

There should be attachment controls just below where you reply to my private message. There should be a button to click on the right side to choose the file, and then another button to upload the file.

I see the Attachments 'box' below this box but not below your private message box.
Ed

#16 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

I see the Attachments 'box' below this box but not below your private message box.

One of the guys just told me that apparently users are not allowed to attach files to private messages (not sure when they made that change).

Anyway, you can just copy and paste the contents of the log into a reply to my private message, and that should allow you to send it to me.

#17 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

One of the guys just told me that apparently users are not allowed to attach files to private messages (not sure when they made that change).

Anyway, you can just copy and paste the contents of the log into a reply to my private message, and that should allow you to send it to me.

Caption DriveType ProviderName VolumeName
A: 2
B: 2
C: 3
D: 5
E: 5
G: 3 New Volume
H: 3 External drive

I am now sending this morning's log from my daily scheduled full scan.

Ed

Attached Files

#18 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

Caption DriveType ProviderName VolumeName
A: 2
B: 2
C: 3
D: 5
E: 5
G: 3 New Volume
H: 3 External drive

I am now sending this morning's log from my daily scheduled full scan.

Ed

I now see what the problem was with the Malwarebytes' icon. Imagine my chagrin when I looked at the 'protection' tab in the Malwarebytes' program window. PROTECTION WASN'T ENABLED. When I enabled protection the icon would appear near the clock like it used to.

You have a lot of patience.

Ed

#19 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

You have a lot of patience.

Don't worry, you're not being bothersome. :)

I do have to admit that I'm a bit confused about the scanning issue. I may need to hook up some external drives, play with the drive letters, and see what happens.

#20 Crampa

Crampa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:51 AM

Don't worry, you're not being bothersome. :)

I do have to admit that I'm a bit confused about the scanning issue. I may need to hook up some external drives, play with the drive letters, and see what happens.

My plan B is to forget the automatic full daily scan and just have an automatic update. Then institute a full scan each night (if I remember) before I retire for the night. At least I'll know that C: G: and H: will be scanned.

Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users