foobar2000 News / 1.3.2 / 4-11-2014
Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:35 PM
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats. Foobar2000 isn't just for early adopters or software jukebox fetishists. It doesn't mess with fancy buttons or bright colors, instead preferring a utilitarian, straightforward user interface to let the music speak for itself. foobar2000 uses tabs and panels to help the user navigate its plain, but functional, user interface. You can customize the interface using several layout options. Menu options and recognizable command buttons reside at the top of the window. Two panels, each with tabbed menus, reside on the left side of the window. From there, you can view the album list and the properties of a selected artist or song. You'll also find tabs for viewing a spectrogram, a spectrum, and VU meter of music currently being played, display album art, and synchronize with portable players including iPods.
• Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
• Gapless playback.
• Full unicode support.
• Easily customizable user interface layout.
• Advanced tagging capabilities.
• Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
• Full ReplayGain support.
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
• Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend
Features added using optional official components:
• Audio formats supported through official components: APE, ALAC.
• Playback statistics.
• Kernel streaming support.
• ASIO support.
• WASAPI output support.
• CD burning support.
• Ability to read within archives (7z, RAR, ZIP )
Product Info: foobar2000
Moderator-Beta Tester @
Outpost Users Support Forum
Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security-13
Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:34 AM
New release: foobar2000 v1.3.2
Improved handling of FLAC files with malformed cuesheets.
Improved ReplayGain scanner performance on CPUs with 8 and more threads.
Updated FFmpeg to 2.2.1
Very old Vorbis files are once again playable.
A Kickstarter campaign for foobar2000 mobile has been launched!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users