5 replies to this topic

#1 Tarnak

Tarnak

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

See my original post > Beta Testing Program - http://forums.malwar...showtopic=67255

I have just completed a scan, which you can see took an inordinately long time to complete.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 Public Beta
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5154

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

20/11/2010 8:52:56 AM
mbam-log-2010-11-20 (08-52-56).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 131545
Time elapsed: 46 minute(s), 34 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Attached Files

#2 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

Have you tried adding mbam.exe to the exclusions list of any of the security software you have installed?

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#3 Tarnak

Tarnak

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Have you tried adding mbam.exe to the exclusions list of any of the security software you have installed?

No...not in this instance.

But, I have done the reverse, in another snapshot...added a folder to ignore in MBAM. See screenshots.

Attached Files

#4 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

No...not in this instance.

But, I have done the reverse, in another snapshot...added a folder to ignore in MBAM. See screenshots.

I noticed that you have a lot of icons in your System Tray. Does the scan speed improve if you exit those programs before performing the scan? Could I get a list of what you have set to run at startup so that I can do some testing?

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#5 Tarnak

Tarnak

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

I noticed that you have a lot of icons in your System Tray. Does the scan speed improve if you exit those programs before performing the scan? Could I get a list of what you have set to run at startup so that I can do some testing?

I ran a scan earlier today, and it is a lot better.

However, the day I got the slow scan results, I was using the browser while the scan was running, so maybe that had something to do with the result. So it may have been a one-off aberration.

I enclose details of startup at boot:

ewido anti-malware - Startup report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 2:12:18 PM, 23/11/2010
+ Report-Checksum: D68FB6FB

Reg\HKLM\Run KernelFaultCheck %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

Reg\HKLM\Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR.EXE

Reg\HKLM\Run MJ Registry Watcher C:\unzipped\RegWatcher\MJRegWatcher\RegWatcher.exe 3

Reg\HKLM\Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

Reg\HKLM\Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL.EXE

Reg\HKLM\Run JMB36X IDE Setup C:\WINDOWS\JM\JMInsIDE.exe

Reg\HKLM\Run 36X Raid Configurer C:\WINDOWS\system32\JMRaidSetup.exe boot

Reg\HKLM\Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR.EXE

Reg\HKLM\Run Lexmark X74-X75 "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe"

Reg\HKLM\Run WinPatrol C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
-expressboot

Reg\HKLM\Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

Reg\HKLM\Run ISR_MONITOR C:\$ISR\$APP\ISRMonitor.exe

Reg\HKLM\Run DefenseWall "C:\Program Files\DefenseWall\DefenseWall.exe" regrun

Reg\HKLM\Run @OnlineArmor GUI "C:\Program Files\Tall Emu\Online Armor\oaui.exe"

Reg\HKLM\Run Malware Defender c:\program files\malware defender\malwaredefender.exe

Reg\HKLM\Run ProcessLassoManagementConsole C:\Program Files\Process Lasso\processlasso.exe

Reg\HKLM\Run ProcessGovernor C:\Program Files\Process Lasso\processgovernor.exe

Reg\HKLM\Run Ad Muncher "C:\Program Files\AD MUNCHER\AdMunch.exe" /bt

Reg\HKLM\Run Internet Sweeper C:\WINDOWS\system32\SWEEPER.EXE /Q

Reg\HKCU\Run Gadwin PrintScreen 3.1 C:\Program Files\Gadwin Systems\PrintScreen\PrintScreen.exe
/nosplash

Reg\HKCU\Run SUPERAntiSpyware C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

Reg\HKCU\Run CrystalDiskInfo "H:\utilities - various\CrystalDisk\Version2.7.4\DiskInfo.exe" /Startup

Reg\HKCU\Run StartMenu7 "C:\Program Files\Start Menu 7\StartMenu7.exe"

Shell\CommonStartup Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk

Shell\CommonStartup Logitech SetPoint.lnk C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup\Logitech SetPoint.lnk

Shell\UserStartup Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk C:\Documents and Settings\<MyName>\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk

Shell\UserStartup c-program files-filemap by bb v405-bootalert.LNK C:\Documents and Settings\<MyName>\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup\c-program files-filemap by bb v405-bootalert.LNK

Shell\UserStartup ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk C:\Documents and Settings\<MyName>\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup\ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk

Shell\UserStartup Secunia NSI.lnk C:\Documents and Settings\<MyName>\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup\Secunia NSI.lnk

Shell\UserStartup Tiny Watcher Logon Time.lnk C:\Documents and Settings\<MyName>\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup\Tiny Watcher Logon Time.lnk

P.S. I have several snapshots, two that are running the 1.50 beta and the remainder running v1.46. When rebooting to change snapshots, I update Malwarebytes, and run a quick scan before I open my browser (Opera). Also, I have SuperAntispyware on demand, which I update too, but rarely run a scan, since with my multiple snapshots, it is not practical.

P.S.S MalwareDefender is no longer active. It was a 30 day trial...I just haven't uninstalled it.

#6 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

I often scan while Opera is running, so I don't think that could be the cause of the issue.

I do recommend uninstalling Malware Defender (or at least disabling it's protection), since your trial period has expired, and it's probably not doing anything productive anymore.

Process Lasso may also have something to do with the slowdowns. Does it have an exclusions list or an ignore list that you can add stuff to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users