I turned on my computer a little while ago and did something else while I was waiting for it to boot up. When I got back to the computer, there was a loading error on the screen that told me to check the event log. I clicked on my Mbam shortcut & I got another error (attached)
Here is the event log (obtained by manually going into the Logs folder within the Malwarebytes folder, as the program will not open for me).
10:17:32 ERROR UtilityReadFile failed with error code 32
10:17:32 MESSAGE Protection stopped
Oh, and apparently this happened yesterday (I only turned on the computer yesterday briefly to look up something online so I never noticed this before):
13:21:03 (null) MESSAGE Protection started successfully
13:22:25 MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully
13:22:44 MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully
13:22:44 MESSAGE IP Protection stopped
13:22:51 MESSAGE Database updated successfully
13:22:52 MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully
23:34:59 ERROR Scheduled update failed: WinHttpSendRequest failed with error code 12007
Other than today and yesterday, the beta has been working fine, however, I haven't been using my computer much since I installed the beta. I installed the beta on 11.15.10 if I am remembering correctly.
I am running XP SP3... please let me know if any other information is needed.
I am going to run an Mbam clean very soon and just go back to 1.46 since it appears the beta isn't working normally on my system and I don't like to be without my Mbam.
Repeated attempts to double-click on the Mbam shortcut yield the same attached error.