Unable to Install or run malwarebytes, CoCreateInstance and overflow 6 errors
Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:55 AM
right now my PC(running on 64bit VIsta home premium) is semi paralyzed due to the following 2 problems.
1. Ie8 will not launch, double click on either the desktop icon or the actual 32bit exe and nothing happens, no error, no crash/freeze. ie8 64bit works fine, I've tried all possible workaround for this particular issue and nothing helped, I ran the add-on only mode, same thing, nothing happens, reset the options and same thing, uninstal/reinstal IE 8 and 9, same thing, 64bit works, 32bit doesn't
2. unable to install/uninstall certain programs, like Malwarebytes, and spybot, I get the CoCreateInstance fail error.
3. unable to use the Open or Browse function from any application installed on my pc, I open any app, say photoshop, click file on the file menu and click open, nothing happens.
with Malwarebytes, I get the cocreateinstance error during installation, installation was trying to create links and shortcuts when this error popped up., but the program is partially installed and i can still launch the program, but performing a quick scan, gives the Overflow 6 error.
what I have tried so far:
1. Ran a number of malware programs, including Spybot and NOD and Avast, spybot had the cocreateinstance error during installation but iwas able to launch the program and run the scan, there were minimal items discovered after scanning, all very small stuff and after fixing the malware, a second scan with all of these programs showed no malware.
2. ran 3 64bit rootkit scanners, they are unhackme, sophos anti-rootkit, Avast anti rootkit, and nothing found.
3. ran SFC check and aside from one unrepirable file named settings.ini, which after looking it up, is probably unrelated.
Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:35 PM
Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.
- Disable any script blocking protection.
- Double click dds.com to run the tool..
- When done, DDS will open two logs (DDS.txt and Attach.txt).
- Save both reports to your desktop.
Please include the contents of DDS.txt in your next reply.
Please post the final results, good or bad. We like to know!
I'm infected - What do I do now? - please read before starting a new topic
My help is always free, but if I have helped you, please consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against malware!
Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:59 PM
Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users