• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 wbauers

wbauers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I did a new install on a laptop for a friend, I then went to put flashplayer from adobe on his computer and went to this site.......... http://get.adobe.com...player/........ DO NOT USE THIS SITE, my microsoft pop up blocked it and i unblocked it thinking it was flash player then downloaded it, a box opened with a bunch of code, i closed it but knew something wasnt quite right, I am familiar with MB and have been using the free version, downloaded it and installed on friends computer, ran it, the PUM showed up and I fortunately was able to remove it. :D

#22 Comprev

Comprev

My brain hurts!

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:International relations, computer science

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

I did a new install on a laptop for a friend, I then went to put flashplayer from adobe on his computer and went to this site.......... http://get.adobe.com...player/........ DO NOT USE THIS SITE, my microsoft pop up blocked it and i unblocked it thinking it was flash player then downloaded it, a box opened with a bunch of code, i closed it but knew something wasnt quite right, I am familiar with MB and have been using the free version, downloaded it and installed on friends computer, ran it, the PUM showed up and I fortunately was able to remove it. :D

wbauers

Please do not post links to malicious sites. Uninformed users could possibly be infected.

"A witty saying proves nothing."

-Voltaire

#23 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,284 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

The posted link is actually invalid so should not be an issue, although you may want to check that computer as the link in general is a valid Adobe link. If the link was redirected that is a sign the system is potentially infected.

Unless you know for certain that you have and keep a valid link for Acrobat Reader I would simply recommend going to the main site and using their link to obtain the correct Reader.

Adobe.com Main Site

You can also go directly to their FTP site for download.

Adobe Reader FTP site

Current Adobe Reader ENGLISH version 10.1.3

When using the Adobe.com main website please also make sure you wait a few seconds after clicking the download for their plugins and if/when they bring up a link you will often see a check mark on items like McAfee Security Scan Plus - please make sure you uncheck those items unless it really is something you specifically do want (in most cases users don't even realize it is installing that other item when you click the download link and the check mark is on).

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users