3 replies to this topic

#1 Conor55

Conor55

True Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

Right now, I get this when on my dad's laptop, Anti Virus and firewall disabled, but on my laptop, I have Mcafee and Microsoft Windows Essentials.

But my windows security center is still on, with every thing being done, and I don't find this on malwarebytes I have.

My dad's computer also has Malwarebytes and Mcafee, we installed malware bytes after this website: http://83.209.237.23....html?u=156&t=1

(Sorry if your not allowed to link websites to bad websites but I need to know)

I quickly exited off and downloaded malware bytes and ran mcafee, after finding nothing on mcafee, I found:

PUM. disabled security center; Anti virus and Firewall.

I have Windows Vista, and my dad has Windows XP.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, thanks for your time. (His computer is around 2-3 years older than mine)
Some people are just ignorant.

#2 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

First off, you mention you have McAfee and Microsoft Security Essentials, you should not have more than one anti-virus at one time. This will cause conflicts. (more than likely one of these two disabled the security center item) hard to tell unless we saw full logs....

You should pick one or the other as an anti-virus and only use one, together with the Pro version of malwarebytes.

Second it is against the rules to put live links especially when they point to a malicious site.

If you have the pro version of malwarebytes and it is fully updated it could have prevented the infection / or popup.

Lastly, if you have updated your anti virus software as well as malwarebytes and ran scans, were they clean?

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#3 jsm59

jsm59

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

I am REPLYING to this as my issue is similar and (strange) I have no NEW TOPC button at the FORUM level?

I have a Dell DIM 4600 w/ XP SP3 and ASVAST! 5.1.864 free (latest). I have the WINDOWS firewall enabled as I don't think ASVAST free includes a FIREWALL. When quick scaning with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100 Database version: 5443, I get:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

I don't understand the meaning and what to do (if anything)? Please help.

#4 jsm59

jsm59

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

I am REPLYING to this as my issue is similar and (strange) I have no NEW TOPC button at the FORUM level?

I have a Dell DIM 4600 w/ XP SP3 and ASVAST! 5.1.864 free (latest). I have the WINDOWS firewall enabled as I don't think ASVAST free includes a FIREWALL. When quick scaning with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100 Database version: 5443, I get:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

I don't understand the meaning and what to do (if anything)? Please help.

Ignore my post here, started NEW topic of same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users