• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 abekl

abekl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:38 AM

I recently purchased MBAM, and I'm having trouble changing the key and ID of the existing MBAM Pro installation to the new ones that I purchased. I tried uninstalling the product and running the clean tool, then reinstalling, but the old key and ID from the old installation persist. IS there a registry key that I have to manually delete to get MBAM to prompt me for my new key and ID?

#2 Haider

Haider

Forum Deity

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

Hello abekl:

May I please ask why aren't you using the old registration information (ID & Key) as it is valid for life-time for one system for home use?
"Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets"

#3 abekl

abekl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

I bought this computer used, and It had MBAM Pro already installed. I'm sure the seller has the same key on his other computer, so I bought a new key for this machine.

#4 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

Greetings :welcome:

Please do the following, choosing the instructions appropriate to the version of Windows that you're running:

Windows XP:
  • Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  • Click on the Start Posted Image button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users