#1 nick2124

nick2124

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

I just ran super antispyware free edition and found:

Trojan.dropper/Sys-NV
Adware.Tracking.cookie (4 of them were found!)

This might explain why I'm getting annoying page redirects, I just feel a bit disappointed that malwarebytes didn't find anything at all (especially as I paid for the full version).

#2 screen317

screen317

MBAM Sentinel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,486 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

MBAM doesn't detect tracking cookies, because they are just that: cookies. All sites give cookies, and they aren't really infectious.

The PRO version uses the same scanning and detection as the free version, but offers realtime protection and automatic updates that probably would have prevented your issues in the first place..

If you still require assistance, please post in our Malware Removal forum and someone will help you as soon as possible.
Chris Fistonich
Research Team

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#3 nick2124

nick2124

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:04 AM

ok, thanks for that clarification screen317. I also posted a question in my 'spyware - help' thread, I'd be grateful for any assistance you can provide.

#4 WetLook

WetLook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:37 AM

MBAM doesn't detect tracking cookies, because they are just that: cookies. All sites give cookies, and they aren't really infectious.

The PRO version uses the same scanning and detection as the free version, but offers realtime protection and automatic updates that probably would have prevented your issues in the first place..

If you still require assistance, please post in our Malware Removal forum and someone will help you as soon as possible.

nick2124 mentioned (especially as I paid for the full version).

And you answered “The PRO version uses the same scanning and detection as the free version, but offers realtime protection and automatic updates that probably would have prevented your issues in the first place..”

Isn’t nick2124 paid for full version, the same as the PRO version? Also I don’t follow the “automatic updates that probably would have prevented your issues in the first place..”

Isn’t the paid version the Pro version?

#5 screen317

screen317

MBAM Sentinel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,486 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:58 AM

He purchased the PRO version after the fact, is what I was trying to get at...
Chris Fistonich
Research Team

Posted Image

#6 LouPerk

LouPerk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

So what can I try to remove the malware that MBAM doesn't detect?
I just ran the full MBAM 4 hour scan and it found nothing.
Office Depot PC check up run subsequently says Your computer appears to be infected with malicious programs, and rates it at a 66% for healthy/clean.

#7 AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup

Staff

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,987 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

• Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
  • Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support
OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer such as (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.
NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.
Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.
  • If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
  • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

OPTION 3

If you would like to use our Malwarebytes Premium Services, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our Malwarebytes Premium Services support site.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

PS: Please use the "ADDREPLY" Posted Image button instead of other ones when you start replying. :)

Ron Lewis
Forum Community Manager

staff.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users