firefox stopping Malware bytes from running
Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:29 PM
My boss and a few hunderd other friends are getting ramdom e-mails. I ran Malware but returned as zero infected. I ran another program and got like 43 associated virus's. In the middle my message came up "program cannot run due to firefox error" or something along those lines. Can someone please explain what firefox has to do with running a Malware program and how to fix firefox and why malware says "all ok" and another program says I have error. Clearly I have a virus or these e mails would not get sent out how do I stop them for the 2nd time in 6 mos? Help!!!!
Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:01 PM
If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....
Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:
You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:
- Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
- Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
- Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support
As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.
- Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.
- After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
- One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
- Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer such as (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.
Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.
- If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
- You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.
If you would like to use our Malwarebytes Premium Services, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our Malwarebytes Premium Services support site.
Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.
PS: Please use the "ADDREPLY" button instead of other ones when you start replying.
Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users