Torrenteasy.exe installed accidentally

shoduken

Greetings everyone,

I was dumb when I didn't see what I was about to download at kickasstorrent website. I found a torrent I wanted to download, accidentally clicked "Easy Download" instead of downloading the torrent file. It downloaded as "Torrenteasy-filename of the torrent I wanted to download.exe" and then I thought it was a torrent file, so I opened it, to my shock instead of my torrent program to pop up, it install itself and pop up as stand-alone torrent client and started to downloading the file. The next thing I do was quickly closed it to prevent any possible damage to my computer. I thought my computer is safe until the next restart, it startup itself to continue downloading. I closed it again and find the torrent easy file and delete it. Then I go to msconfig, in the startup tab there's this program listed to open itself during startup, I uncheck it, restart, nothing happened and I browse again thru msconfig, and it's still there, unchecked.

To me, something that startup itself without me having an option is rootkit/malware. :-( I know it's my fault in the first place. I'm running Malwarebytes scanner now to scan my whole computer. How do I check if it done anymore harm to my computer? Help please :-(

Cheers. and Sad. :-(

Greetings :)

We don't work on malware removal in this part of the forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then create a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one on one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Thank you :)

• 1 month later...

Greetings everyone,

I was dumb when I didn't see what I was about to download at kickasstorrent website. I found a torrent I wanted to download, accidentally clicked "Easy Download" instead of downloading the torrent file. It downloaded as "Torrenteasy-filename of the torrent I wanted to download.exe" and then I thought it was a torrent file, so I opened it, to my shock instead of my torrent program to pop up, it install itself and pop up as stand-alone torrent client and started to downloading the file. The next thing I do was quickly closed it to prevent any possible damage to my computer. I thought my computer is safe until the next restart, it startup itself to continue downloading. I closed it again and find the torrent easy file and delete it. Then I go to msconfig, in the startup tab there's this program listed to open itself during startup, I uncheck it, restart, nothing happened and I browse again thru msconfig, and it's still there, unchecked.

To me, something that startup itself without me having an option is rootkit/malware. :-( I know it's my fault in the first place. I'm running Malwarebytes scanner now to scan my whole computer. How do I check if it done anymore harm to my computer? Help please :-(

Cheers. and Sad. :-(

Hi there Shoduken, I too was on a torrent site and had torrenteasy popup and download. I don't remember exactly what happened but I was worried at first. Luckily I have Mbam and Norton360. So I wasn't too worried. These two are without a doubt the best there is. Anyhow I thought this might be some kinda maleware but after a quick search I found out it is a torrent downloader much like bit and u torrent. I now think it is better than either. Much quicker, fastest I've used YET!!! It is some kinda multi-search torrent downloader, searches many sites at once. All I know is I like it better than ALL the rest. Simple, quick, no extras Just dloads torrents very, very fast. You do have to have the torrent link for it to work. You can dload it from places like Cnet or Major Geeks. I haven't had any problems with it. MAYBE you picked up a virus or trojan with it from the site you were accessing. That sounds more likely. Happens all the time. Like I said when you go to off the wall sites make sure you have some STRONG protection to get you out of hot water! If worst comes to worst and Mbam doesn't do it go to Norton's web site and down load Norton Eraser(it's free). I GAURENTEE that WILL get rid of ANYTHING Bugging your system. Word of caution only use it as last resort!!!! Good Luck with your problem, Oh Yah next time do some research for you go to and or dload anything from off the wall sites, may save you a head ache or two, and always backup your registry and hard drive. Those tools are out there for free ya just gotta look.

Hi everyone!

I'm an official representative of TorrentEasy and I'd like to inform you that our software is not malware! The website got into the blacklist due to some mistake and we will fix it soon. Also a second, more common version of TorrentEasy is already available! Enjoy!

If you need some info on how to clean remove the first version please leave a message and I will post the instructions!