#41 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

Will do. Thank you Sam.

No problem, and thank you for testing and finding this issue :).
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

#42 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

@1PW: What version of Windows are you using? I just tried to replicate your issues but I cannot. While Recover if missed by is indeed grayed out, I so see the Starting on entry and I can edit the start time and date. It could be that there's an issue with your scheduler registry settings and perhaps they've been corrupted.

Please run mbam-clean.exe and reboot, then reinstall the release candidate and set up the scheduler again to your liking and let me know if it still shows nothing in your Starting on column or not.

Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#43 1PW

1PW

1PW

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts
  • Interests:Agnes - loved forever.

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

@1PW: What version of Windows are you using? I just tried to replicate your issues but I cannot. While Recover if missed by is indeed grayed out, I so see the Starting on entry and I can edit the start time and date. It could be that there's an issue with your scheduler registry settings and perhaps they've been corrupted.

This one is my sacrificial lamb, XP Home Edition SP3 x86-32bit system.

Please run mbam-clean.exe and reboot, then reinstall the release candidate and set up the scheduler again to your liking and let me know if it still shows nothing in your Starting on column or not.

I hope you mean the 1.51.0.600 beta version. I don't have the earlier release candidate version.

Will do it now Sam.

Comments expressed above are strictly my own and not those of Malwarebytes or their staff unless I directly quote.

#44 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

The beta is the RC, yes :).

Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#45 MattsComputers

MattsComputers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

No problems installing over the top on my home PC. Running Win 7 x64 Home Premium with Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security alongside MBAM Pro.
Posted Image

#46 MattsComputers

MattsComputers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Just updated my old AMD Athlon XP test rig. Installing straight over the top as well. Win XP Pro 32 bit, 1gb RAM, Running McAfee Internet Security.

It had been running slowly lately. Straight after updating the system is now running noticeably faster. Prior to the upgrade Memory usage for MBAMSERVICE was around 80,000. Now down to around 23,000. Nice improvement! :)
Posted Image

#47 rseiler

rseiler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

Installed over the top, but needed two restarts.

No issues so far on XP

Restart (I'm assuming one) is even needed in W7. I wonder why.

#48 1PW

1PW

1PW

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

Hello Sam:

After following your instructions explicitly, (with mbam-clean + fresh install + register) the same circumstances are evident. The fresh install didn't have a full scan scheduled so I added one and the "Starting on" field is a blank. If desired, I can PM the .png if requested.

Additionally as I make this reply, I do not have the attach feature beneath the text area while replying in this sub-forum. However, the .png file I would like to include will show that the "Starting on" field is vacant on a "Full scan" scheduler field.

An exhaustive check has revealed that the IP.B attach feature for just this sub-form is not available to me. Perhaps it's related to my Spam Hunters membership permissions.

HTH

Comments expressed above are strictly my own and not those of Malwarebytes or their staff unless I directly quote.

#49 jackbrennan2008

jackbrennan2008

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

Working as intended so far :)

#50 buckslayr

buckslayr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Installed on top of previous version. Running great here. Thanks!
AppGuard + MBAM Pro + ClearCloud DNS

#51 hayc59

hayc59

Elite Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

New build coming soon? thanks

Posted Image
'Never Forget'
Moderator-Beta Tester @
Outpost Users Support Forum

Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security-13

#52 mountaintree16

mountaintree16

bird lover

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, music, birds, bird watching, walking, reading, animals, computer security, poetry...

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

Also, it does seem to be running lighter on my system as well, which is very welcome indeed! :D

Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.

-H. Jackson Brown Jr.

It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives.
It's what we do consistently.

Tony Robbins

#53 Brendt

Brendt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:41 AM

Hi There.
Great Product.

i downloaded the beta yesterday and it all works great, i am using the trial PRO feature
and one thing that i noticed is that if i untick the 'enable protection' from the tray icon
it does not seem to disable it in the GUI. the 'enable protection' is still ticked(greyed out)
and the picture still says protection enabled.

is this a bug?

#54 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

Greetings :)

Thanks for testing. That's not a bug, the tray is still running and the website blocking protection is still enabled. As long as the tray is running, the Protection tab in the scanner will still show Protection enabled. If you exit the tray, the Protection tab should show Protection disabled.
Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#55 1PW

1PW

1PW

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hello Sam:

After following your instructions explicitly, (with mbam-clean + fresh install + register) the same circumstances are evident. The fresh install didn't have a full scan scheduled so I added one and the "Starting on" field is a blank. If desired, I can PM the .png if requested.

Additionally as I make this reply, I do not have the attach feature beneath the text area while replying in this sub-forum. However, the .png file I would like to include will show that the "Starting on" field is vacant on a "Full scan" scheduler field.

An exhaustive check has revealed that the IP.B attach feature for just this sub-form is not available to me. Perhaps it's related to my Spam Hunters membership permissions.

HTH

A fallback was made to MBAM PRO v1.50.1.1100 where it was confirmed that the scheduler's "Full scan" display also shows the "Start on" field blank and the "Recover and Repeating" fields grayed.

Again, this is with a XP Home Edition SP3 x86-32bit system in seemingly otherwise satisfactory condition.

I will gladly pursue this as requested.

#56 exile360

exile360

exile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

@1PW please do the following:

Create a Batch File:
  • Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    reg query "HKLM\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" /v "schedulerqueue">"%userprofile%\desktop\Scheduler.txt"
    "%userprofile%\desktop\Scheduler.txt"
    del /f /q "%userprofile%\desktop\Scheduler.txt"
    del /f /q %0
    Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Check.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it.
  • Once it finishes it will open the file it created in notepad, please copy and paste the file's contents into your next reply.

Samuel E Lindsey
Product Manager

Posted Image

#57 1PW

1PW

1PW

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

@1PW please do the following:

Create a Batch File:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    reg query "HKLM\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" /v "schedulerqueue">"%userprofile%\desktop\Scheduler.txt"
    "%userprofile%\desktop\Scheduler.txt"
    del /f /q "%userprofile%\desktop\Scheduler.txt"
    del /f /q %0
    Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Check.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it.
  • Once it finishes it will open the file it created in notepad, please copy and paste the file's contents into your next reply.

Please excuse the delay. Just got some much needed rest.

As requested:

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    schedulerqueue	REG_MULTI_SZ	66068484, 30152574, 579780096, 1, 2 | 30153035, 599856640\02134018, 30152684, 2733377536, 1, 2 | 30153036, 2904889343\066076688, 30155968, 3460777472, 1, 0 | 0, 0\0\0

HTH

#58 Mainard

Mainard

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Interests:Ice Hockey
    Guild Wars 2 & League of Legends

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hello 1PW,

It appears your time settings are set to this. short time:
hh:mm
To display the proper time in MBAM your short time needs to be set to:
h:mm tt or hh:mm tt

After setting my time settings to yours I was able to replicate the change in the visibility within MBAM's scheduler. It appears when you add an item in the scheduler with 1 digit within the day for the scheduled item (eg. 6/7/2011 is not visible and 6/10/2011 is visible).

Also if you set your time settings to
h:mm
the items added to the scheduler with two digits within the day will not be visible (eg. 6/7/2011 is visible and 6/10/2011 is not visible).

Thank you for reporting this issue, I will send it on up to the developers. In the meanwhile if you need assistance in changing your time settings please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will help you to change it.
Grant Gardiner
Software Development Engineer in Test

Posted Image

#59 1PW

1PW

1PW

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

Hello 1PW,

It appears your time settings are set to this. short time:

hh:mm
To display the proper time in MBAM your short time needs to be set to:
h:mm tt or hh:mm tt

After setting my time settings to yours I was able to replicate the change in the visibility within MBAM's scheduler. It appears when you add an item in the scheduler with 1 digit within the day for the scheduled item (eg. 6/7/2011 is not visible and 6/10/2011 is visible).

Also if you set your time settings to
h:mm
the items added to the scheduler with two digits within the day will not be visible (eg. 6/7/2011 is visible and 6/10/2011 is not visible).

Thank you for reporting this issue, I will send it on up to the developers. In the meanwhile if you need assistance in changing your time settings please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will help you to change it.

Nice find!

Go Sharks!

#60 khagaroth

khagaroth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

There's probably a bug. The Base Filtering Engine service in Windows 7 doesn't like MBAMs protection module, causing occasional (but long - +1min) 100% CPU spikes. Additionally, toggling url blocking off/on sometimes causes BFE to hang at 100% for over 5min.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users