While prevention is always better than having to deal with infections after the fact, and since cleanup can often be an incredibly difficult process, the following tutorials were created to assist you with using known methods to get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware up and running when it is being prevented from doing so by the infections on your system.
Note: The below workarounds will not work in all situations and you may need expert assistance to fully clean an infected system. The following tutorials are simply to help you in getting Malwarebytes Anti-Malware up and running and to correct some common issues caused by current infections. If the below methods do not fully resolve your issues or you are not too computer savvy and would like the assistance of an expert then we advise you to follow these instructions to receive assistance with getting your system cleaned up.
- Use Malwarebytes Chameleon to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware won't run due to infection
- Use Malwarebytes Chameleon to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on an already infected system
- How to use Malwarebytes Chameleon when it cannot be opened normally through the START menu
- Malwarebytes Chameleon's help file will not open due to infection
- Use unhide.exe to Reveal Files and Folders Hidden by Rogue Infections
- Run as and Run as administrator
- Alternate Methods of Starting Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Use RKill to Allow Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to Run
- Run exeHelper to Allow EXE's to Run
- Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Safe Mode with Networking
- Scan for rootkits using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- None of the tutorials here solved my issues or I would prefer to have direct assistance from an expert
Edited by exile360, 24 March 2014 - 04:36 PM.