Questions after format.

Insomniac

I just got this pc formatted by the people who put it together for me, and looking through program files I noticed a couple of odd things:

Some of the folders (msxml 4.0, xvid, microsoft games) and a few others say they were created at a date before the format. The guy said he would delete the partition and do a clean reinstall, so why is this?

MSXML 4.0 is an empty folder. Is it safe to delete? Do I need msxml 4.0 (it appears in add-remove programs) What exectly is msxml? Is it neccessary?

I just got this pc formatted by the people who put it together for me, and looking through program files I noticed a couple of odd things:

Some of the folders (msxml 4.0, xvid, microsoft games) and a few others say they were created at a date before the format. The guy said he would delete the partition and do a clean reinstall, so why is this?

MSXML 4.0 is an empty folder. Is it safe to delete? Do I need msxml 4.0 (it appears in add-remove programs) What exectly is msxml? Is it neccessary?

Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) allows customers who use JScript, Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript), and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to build high-performance XML-based applications that provide a high degree of interoperability with other applications that adhere to the XML 1.0 standard.

You should leave it, this in a nut shell is the instructions on how to run some scripts

• Root Admin

Yes it is quite normal for files and folders to have varying dates and times depending on how they were installed and is not an indication of an issue.

As for the MSXML yes leave it be. I would highly recommend that you visit the Windows Update site and update at least ALL the critical updates found including all Service Packs.

Fair enough. One more question. On programs set to run as adminsitrator, there is usually a little shield over the icon to tell you. This is present on my dad's account, but for some reason won't show up on mine. UAC is on, and we are both standard users. Any reason why the sheild isn't showing over things like malwarebytes? (it is set to run as admin on both accounts)

I may just delete this user and make a new one if I can't figure out how to fix it.