6 replies to this topic

#1 Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

Hello everyone,

Not to sure the best place to post to ask, I have a process which is running called "AMBSpiE.exe" when I right click on it, it says its todo with creative sound. When I google it all I get is its Malware and does injections and stuff. But when I run a scan with Malwarebytes is says computer is clean.. Just to be sure also ran a scan with Kaspersky which shows computer is clean as well. Is this file safe?

Any information would be very greatful,

Kind regards,

#2 Firefox

Firefox

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,036 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hello and :welcome:

Try uploading the file to VirusTotal: http://www.virustotal.com/ and see if you get any results with it.

post-2065-0-92797800-1392234217.jpg

Dell Precision T7500, Win7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, McAfee Corp Edition v8.8,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5606CPU, Dual Quad Core Processors, 16GB Ram,
E5606 @ 2.13GHz, Nvidia Quadro NVS420, Raid-1 Dual 1TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives
Dual DVD Burners, IE10, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#3 Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hello and :welcome:

Try uploading the file to VirusTotal: http://www.virustotal.com/ and see if you get any results with it.

Finds no virus or anything on that site. so is panic over?

#4 ksiemb

ksiemb

Advanced Member

• Honorary Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Try this link: mylink
Feel free to ignore my input. I am jst another user !

#5 Mystery

Mystery

Elite Member

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Game development, learning computer/internet security in depth, and teaching safe computer usage to beginners and average users of all ages

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

Basically, malware and viruses can come with any name. Even 'Windows Update' can be legit (from Microsoft) or malware...

In case you have anything installed on your computer from Creative Technology Ltd. (e.g. Creative Sound Blaster for audio, or Creative Live Cam as webcam), I personally wouldn't worry too much, especially since your Virus Total result was clean.
So the next question would be: Do you have anything installed from Creative Technology Ltd., and if so, what?

#6 Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

Basically, malware and viruses can come with any name. Even 'Windows Update' can be legit (from Microsoft) or malware...

In case you have anything installed on your computer from Creative Technology Ltd. (e.g. Creative Sound Blaster for audio, or Creative Live Cam as webcam), I personally wouldn't worry too much, especially since your Virus Total result was clean.
So the next question would be: Do you have anything installed from Creative Technology Ltd., and if so, what?

I have Onboard Creative sound card SB X-Fi MB

#7 Mystery

Mystery

Elite Member

• Spam Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Game development, learning computer/internet security in depth, and teaching safe computer usage to beginners and average users of all ages

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

In your specific case I would assume that AMBSpiE.exe refers to the background process from Creative Labs that notifies you of updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users