how do i know id my laptop in infected i cant start up windows
Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:35 PM
I have a acer aspire 5920g laptop with 250 hdd and 4gig ddr ram, i left my laptop downloading some samples of instruments as i do audio production on my laptop.
when i woke up in the morning my laptop was unresponsive to everything i did so had no choice but to switch off and restart but when i did the screen came up saying windows did not shut down properly please select either restart in safe mode or start normally.
i started normally and then it wouldn't go past a black screen, so i restarted again and got a message saying windows did not start properly so was shut down to prevent harm to my compute, this was on a blue screen.
so after hours of trawling through various website on my other laptop i have tried to do a system reboot, but now am stuck with with the acer background and 2 command screens which have been on for over 2 hours, one says update device driver please wait and the window has at the top C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe, and the second says nothing but has at the top C:\Ati\Bin\ATISETUP.EXE.
i have tried safe mode to but that freezes at crcdisk.sys.
Please can someone help
Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:48 PM
Welcome to MBAM.
Sorry you are having such severe computer issues.
It looks as though you already have a duplicate topic started in the PC help section here.
I am just a home user, so I will need to defer to others more expert than I as to whether your issues are the result of hardware or software issues.
However, as this particular section of the forums is designated specifically for issues installing and running the MBAM program, it is probably best if you stay with your other topic in the PC help section.
Please be patient -- someone will assist you there as soon as possible.
On the other hand, if you think you are infected, then this particular section isn't quite the correct forum, either.
We cannot work on malware detection/removal in this part of the General MBAM forum.
The following information will help you get started on the cleaning process.
If you would like expert assistance with cleaning your system, there are 3 support options from which to choose:
- Option 1 -- Free, Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
- Option 2 -- Free support for paying customers using MBAM PRO -- Contact MBAM Support via email
- Option 3 -- Premium, Fee-Based Support
As we don't deal with malware removal in this General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so that a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.
- First, please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
- If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot follow most/all of the requested steps, then please just proceed as advised below:
- Then please post a NEW topic here.
- When posting your new thread, please make sure that, under "options", you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
- One of the expert helpers there will give you free, one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
- Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer such as (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.
Replying to your own posts changes the post count from zero. Helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post, helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus may overlook your post. This will only delay your obtaining assistance.
o If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
o You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.
Alternatively, as a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you can contact the help desk at email@example.com or here.
If you would like to use the Malwarebytes Premium Services (Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs -- from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Malwarebytes Premium Services support site.
Please be patient -- someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.
Thanks very much!
PS: Please use the button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read.
Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 126.96.36.1990; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 188.8.131.520; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 184.108.40.2060; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users