Malwarebytes and Kaspersky Internet 2012

Windows 7 / Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 / Malwarebytes (Latest Version

MB Friends - I upgraded Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 to 2012 this morning. In the middle of the installation, a notification came up saying something like 'must uninstall incompatible programs in order to continue'. The list box of programs to uninstall was empty so I pressed the continue button. Bottom line: When the installation was done, my Malwarebyes was gone, just an empty folder remained.

I've reinstalled MB and all seems well. My next stop will be the Kaspersky forum. Mighty fine software, but . . . . IM

Here is what Kaspersky has to say -

"Malware threats are getting complecated everyday. There is a need for deeper protection and tight system integration.

MalwareBytes can co-exist with KAV/KIS quite nicely, just as long as you do not enable the "Resident Protection" module.

I am afraid you will find a lot of vendors integrate their security solution offers, to simplify maintanence and avoid home user hassles.

You do know nothing is preventing you from installing the products back again?"

• Root Admin

Yes, once you've installed or updated Kaspersky AV it appears to silently run our uninstaller.

You can download the program and reinstall it and setup the exclusions for Kaspersky and it should work just fine once again. This issue only happens during their install process.

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 32 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

[*]Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window

[*]Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK

[*]Close the Kaspersky main window

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 64 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

[*]Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window

[*]Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK

[*]Close the Kaspersky main window

Set Exclusions for Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Kaspersky Lab and click OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware