Another thing, sometimes it randomly does things. I've seen it type randomly, move the mouse randomly, disable my wireless card (WNDA3100v2; possibly unrelated), switch windows, open random programs and shut down/sleep. When it shuts down it's a hard shutdown, but it may be due to something else.
It's been acting weird since the beginning but I haven't been too bothered with it until very recently. My computer is an iBuyPower custom that was sold by Walmart, but I don't remember which one it was exactly since it's out of my browsing history. The only programs, from what I remember, that were installed when I got it and before I did anything else were avast! Antivirus, Sandboxie, Google Chrome and the Netgear WNDA3100v2 drivers.
After rebooting, things seem to be a little more normal. The top-left pixel thing seems to still persist, though, and it's probably way too early to truly tell if the problem is gone. I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on what's going on while I wait to see.
What I have:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
- Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 440 Processor (3 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
- Memory: 4096MB RAM
- Hard Drive: 1 TB
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450
- Antivirus: avast! Antivirus
- Antimalware: MalwareBytes (for a week last week to see what would happen, uninstalled today; it was doing more harm than good)
Thanks for any input.