run-time error 372

i havent been able to run malwarebytes, keep getting failed to load control 'vbalgrid' from vbalsgrid6.ocx. your version of vbalsgrid6.ocx may be outdated. so i was directed by the forum to download and install subinacl, but when i tried to install it i get error The windows installer service could not be accessed.this can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. I am not running in safe mode, and installer is installed.

Hello Fade2black22: :welcome:

Edit: Please download/install Visual Basic 6.0 run-time files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192461 then...

Please do a MBAM clean re-install by doing the following:

1. Download and run the latest mbam-clean.exe.
  2. Restart your computer, please allow it to do so - VERY IMPORTANT!
  3. Disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.
  4. Reactivate the PRO version of the program, if applicable, using the license within the boxed version or was sent via email.
  5. Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration, if applicable. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
  6. Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the PRO version.
  7. Setup any process/folder/file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please use the "ADD REPLY" Add-Reply.png button instead of other ones when you start replying.

Please let us know if & how you succeeded. :)

Edited by 1PW